Possible to set NT3H1101 in HALT state from I2C?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to set NT3H1101 in HALT state from I2C?

Jump to solution
kyrre_tangen
Contributor II

Hello,

My application requires the NT3H1101 to be silent until the uC in the tag decides to start NFC communication.

Is it possible to set/reset the NT3H1101 in HALT state through an I2C command?

Thanks,

Kyrre

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kyrre_tangen
Contributor II

A short update... I have not been able to turn the NT3H1101 into a silent mode when it is in the NFC field.

But the problems was solved by using the NT3H2111. It has a silent feature that the NT3H1101 does not have, see chapter "9.3 I 2 C soft reset and NFC silence feature" of the NT3H2111 datasheet.

Problem solved,

Kyrre

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kyrre_tangen
Contributor II

A short update... I have not been able to turn the NT3H1101 into a silent mode when it is in the NFC field.

But the problems was solved by using the NT3H2111. It has a silent feature that the NT3H1101 does not have, see chapter "9.3 I 2 C soft reset and NFC silence feature" of the NT3H2111 datasheet.

Problem solved,

Kyrre

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kyrre,

HALT state can be achieved via RF command but not available for I2C, do you just want to save power?

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
kyrre_tangen
Contributor II

Hi Ken,

No, we do not need to save power. We're doing power harvest.

Our product is permanently attached to a mobile phone. In order to read other tags, we need a way to make the NT3H1101  not respond if we do not want it to. Do you have any ssuggestions?

Thanks,

Kyrre

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kyrre,

Thanks for the information! I think maybe you can isolate the antenna for NT3H1101 from the mobile antenna, or in software, use FD pin to tell the application is NT3H1101 is wrongly selected during reading other tags, then the application may issue the HALT command to NT3H1101 and select the next one if there is.

Please refer to the following for details.

pastedImage_1.png
Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
kyrre_tangen
Contributor II

Hi Ken,

We have not tested the HALT state yet, but I do not think it will work. I hope I am wrong...

My understanding is that before the application can send a HALT command to the tag, the tag has to be detected by the phone? So each time the phone is unlocked, the NFC field turns on, the NT3H1101 is detected, our application starts and the application sets the NT3H1101  to HALT?

Is this process visible by the user? After the HALT command, will the NFC field then go back to a regular search for tags pattern?

We can not isolate the tag, unfortunately. We can install a physical switch that disconnects the antenna from the tag, but I would much rather control the NT3H1101 to not answer any NFC communication by sw.

Have a great weekend,

Kyrre

0 Kudos