Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNEV512B and LPC11U68

Jump to solution
SqW
Contributor II

Hi there, 

I am trying to put LPC11U68 and PNEV512B together.

I have following the instruction described in AN11308 Quick Start Up Guide PNEV512B Board.

This is what I have done:

1. Short pin 26 and 27 on PNEV512B to get the interrupt working.

2. Connect PNEV512B with LPCXpresso LPC11U68 board

3. Configure USB interface R38, 39 (Probably not needed) 

4. Connect power to LPC11U68 board

Then the manual says that the I should find USB device with DFU util but nothing happened, no driver is installed after I plug-in the device. However, the LED on the LPC11U68 board starts to change color.

How do I continue with chapter 3 in AN11308?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SqW
Contributor II

I got it working.

I has to use win7 so that LPCXpresso can detect the the connected device. Not sure if there is an issue with my computer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
SqW
Contributor II

I got it working.

I has to use win7 so that LPCXpresso can detect the the connected device. Not sure if there is an issue with my computer.

0 Kudos
SqW
Contributor II

Thanks for your kind reply. I will get back to you as soon as I have other findings.

0 Kudos
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Fabian, I've been assigned to support your case.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Is the project flashed correctly in the LPC11? Please let me know if you have followed the Supplementary Notes (Chapter 7).

It is mentioned that in order to use the LPC11 please follow sections 7.2 and 7.3.

Please let us know of your findings.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos
SqW
Contributor II

Hi @Fabian_R,

Although the board issue is not solved, I still tried to make the project.

I have followed 7.2 and 7.3, selecting the correct mcu and select correct build configuration.

But there are a bunch of errors related to timer

/phPlatform/src/Port/LPCTimer/phPlatform_Port_LPCTimer.c:77:45: error: 'LPC_TIMER0' undeclared here

Another question, do I need programming tool or debugger to run the examples on the eval board?

0 Kudos
SqW
Contributor II

Hi @Fabian_R ,

I checked the txt file in the source package and it says I need to comment / uncomment defines based on the MCU type. So the compiling problem is resolved.

Please still let me know if programming tool / debugger is required to run the example.

0 Kudos
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir,

The Application note mentions the use of LPCXpresso but, we strongly recommend to please use MCUXpresso IDE for your project.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos
SqW
Contributor II

I tried MCUXpresso IDE the build was not successful...but it does find the hardware that is connected.

For build breakage please see attached file. The build also breaks when nothing is modified.

Software used: SW297940.zip

0 Kudos
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please accept my apologies. I was mistaken, sir. MCUXpresso doesn't support PN512 with LPC11U68. Please download the latest LPCXpresso version available. The building of the project should work without issues.

May I add that please consider the possibility of using one of our newest NFC readers? Since the support for PN512 is quite limited, I cannot fully support it in case you are having an issue with your application.

PN5190 is an NFC front end supported by our NFC Reader Library with the Evaluation board and contains a series of examples that I'm sure will help you speed up the development process.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos
prakashram72
Contributor III

Hi @SqWIt seems like you have followed the initial setup steps correctly for the PNEV512B and LPC11U68 boards. However, if you are not seeing the USB device with DFU util, it could be due to a few reasons.

Firstly, ensure that the LPC11U68 board is in DFU mode. This is required for the DFU util to recognize the device. You can do this by resetting the board while holding the ISP button.

If the board is in DFU mode and still not recognized, it could be a driver issue. The LPC11U68 board uses the LPCOpen software development platform, which includes USB drivers. Make sure you have installed the latest version of LPCOpen for your board. You can find the software and installation instructions on the LPCOpen Software Development Platform LPC11xx page.

Once the driver issue is resolved, you should be able to continue with Chapter 3 in AN11308. This involves loading the firmware onto the LPC11U68 board using the DFU util. The firmware file and instructions for this process are also provided in the AN11308 document.

If you are still having issues, it could be helpful to check the connections between the PNEV512B and LPC11U68 boards. Make sure all connections are secure and the boards are properly powered.

Lastly, the changing LED color on the LPC11U68 board could indicate an error state. Refer to the board's user manual to understand what the LED color changes mean.

Regards,

0 Kudos
SqW
Contributor II

Some more information:

1. My PC sees USB massive storage if I use the usb port which has a printed text "target" near it. (press ISP and reset). The other usb port which has a "link" text near it does not do anything if I do the same, but I think that is probably the one I should be using, right?

2. I tried to solve the driver issue but I was not sure if it is for PC or eval board.

I went to https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools-/lpcopen-libr... and downloaded lpcopen_3_03_lpcxpresso_lpcxpresso_11u68.zip and I can compile the project, but I am not sure if I need to upload anything to the eval board. There isn't anything related to PC driver.

That's all I have tried so far and am looking forward to your response.

Thanks for your attention on this matter.

0 Kudos
SqW
Contributor II

Hi @prakashram72

You said  "Firstly, ensure that the LPC11U68 board is in DFU mode. This is required for the DFU util to recognize the device. You can do this by resetting the board while holding the ISP button." and "Lastly, the changing LED color on the LPC11U68 board could indicate an error state. Refer to the board's user manual to understand what the LED color changes mean."

These are very interesting information. However, I cannot find any manual / instruction about the the development board at this link. There are no related resources.

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-microcontrollers/general-purpose-mc...

Talking about the USB driver. I downloaded the USB driver from the URL I posted above (LInk2 USB driver package), and I did what you instructed. However, my PC found a USB massive storage and inside there is a firmware.bin. I am not sure if this is the expected behavior.

By the way, the LED rotates among 3 colors when it is powered, and blinks red only after ISP button is pressed.

====

For the driver issue, you are saying the driver on my PC needs to be installed and not the driver on the eval board, correct?

I have installed link2 usb driver package. I also tried to redownlod the IDE LPCXpresso v8.2.2 installer, but the download link seems to be invalid (says The software licensing and registration system is currently unavailable. Please try again later.). Is it permanent or just temporary?

0 Kudos