cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7120A0EV with Type 2 Tag

L33m8
Contributor II

Dear Sirs and Madams.

Our customer wants to use PN7120A0EV with Type 2 Tag based on NXP NTAG213 for our new project, with 3cm reading distance. My task is to develop a reader antenna for PN7120A0EV. I checked this video: https://www.nxp.com/video/nfc-antenna-design-1-which-antenna-for-what-purpose:WHICH-ANTENNA-PURPOSE-... and read other information. I learned that I need that specification ISO/IEC 14443-3A for B-Field calculalting in the tag coil.

What would be the right procedure for this? Would you please give me an advice what are the next steps for this? Obtaining the ISO/IEC specification, calculating the required B-Field, than selecting and calculating the antenna. Would it be the right order?

Many thanks in advance.

L33M8

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello L33m8,
I hope you are doing great, thank you for your response.

First, about the AN mentioned in my last response, I didn't mention it but, we recommend creating your new solutions using PN7150. Having said that, as you mentioned in your last response, we don't recommend connecting both pins together.

Could you provide me a little more inside information about why do you want to connect them together? This might help us giving you a better-based answer.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

L33m8
Contributor II

Hello Fabian_R, many thanks for that.

The AN11755 is related to PN7150, maybe you mean the AN11564 for PN7120?

Another question is regarding power sequence of PN7120, can “Vdd_Pad” “and “Vbat” be connected together (to 3,3V system supply)? We would fulfill the power up sequence like depicted in (10.6.22, Figure 19) in the datasheet, but not the power down sequence (10.6.3), since the “Vdd_Pad” “and “Vbat” need to be separated (Figure 19). Can you please give me an advice?

Best Regards

L33M8

0 Kudos

L33m8
Contributor II

Hello Fabian_R, many thanks for that.

The AN11755 is related to PN7150, maybe you mean the AN11564 for PN7120?

Another question is regarding power sequence of PN7120, can “Vdd_Pad” “and “Vbat” be connected together (to 3,3V system supply)? We would fulfill the power up sequence like depicted in (10.6.22, Figure 19) in the datasheet, but not the power down sequence (10.6.3), since the “Vdd_Pad” “and “Vbat” need to be separated (Figure 19). Can you please give me an advice?

Best Regards

L33M8

0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello L33M8,
I hope you are doing great, we appreciate the preference of using our products.
We do have an Application Note that will provide you the required technical information to develop your antenna design. Please follow the next link where you will find the required information along with steps to follow in order to create an antenna.
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11755.pdf 

Best Regards,
Fabian