表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

PN5190 reset control

1,468件の閲覧回数
ttkk_01
Contributor I

Dear experts,

About Pn5190 reset control,

I  have encountered an issue during operation and would appreciate your assistance in identifying any possible causes.

[Operation Description]

[1st try]

1. Normal state (It can detect and transmit data to Card in this state)
  2. Reset control (VEN LOW -> HIGH)
  3. Call phNfcLib_Init() to Initialize the NFC Library  --> **Error: return PH_NFCLIB_STATUS_INVALID_STATE

The cause is NFC library is not in state RESET. (it is my mistake)

[2nd try]

1. 1. Same as above
  2. Call phNfcLib_DeInit()  --> SUCCESS
  3. Call phNfcLib_Init()   --> **Error: return PH_NFCLIB_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR

[In 2nd try]

Sniffing spi data during the scenario:

Send to PN5190: 20 01 00

Receive from PN5190: 80 00 08 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00

It seems correct data that means phhalHW_Pn5190_Init() in phNfcLib_Init() is success.

Although the chip appears to be in a state where it can properly receive commands, we are experiencing an error during the initialization of the library.

Could you please provide any insights or suggestions as to what might be causing this issue?

Your expertise and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

ラベル(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信
6 返答(返信)

1,441件の閲覧回数
ttkk_01
Contributor I

Hello @KellyLi 

I answer questions:
1. It is power saving test for our product. The test is suspend(PN5190 VEN LOW) and resume(PN5190 VEN HIGH). We think it can be switch "Normal state" after resuming by calling phNfcLib_DeInit() and phNfcLib_Init(). But it occurs error(PH_NFCLIB_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR) now.
2. We use "design by ourself" for out product
3. Currently We use NxpNfcRdLib v06.10.00.
4. “Send to PN5190: 20 01 00”means "Command Enter Normal Operation mode upon Power-up (POR) 0x20 0x01 0x00" described in Instruction Layer

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,425件の閲覧回数
KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @ttkk_01 

That is to say, do you want to test the power consumption of your product when the PN5190 is not working? If so, I don't think it's necessary to do so. VEN pin is a hardware reset. When your device is running normally, pull VEN low to reset, release VEN, and PN5190 will restart and return to normal working mode.  Because the device before reset is already a normal working mode, there is no need for additional software involved here after released VEN pin.

BR

kelly

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,412件の閲覧回数
ttkk_01
Contributor I

Hello @KellyLi ,

Yes. I want to test the power consumption of our product.
If only controlling VEN, it means that it will automatically transition to Normal mode and it doens't need to initialize the library [phNfcLib_DeInit()/phNfcLib_Init()], right?
Thank you for the information. I will give it a try. If there are any issues, I will contact you again.

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,363件の閲覧回数
KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @ttkk_01 

Yes, since your device is working normally before the hardware reset, it can still work normally after releasing VEN pin. It's like your computer restart.

If any questions, don't hesitate to contact us, please.

BR

kelly

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,306件の閲覧回数
ttkk_01
Contributor I
Hello @KellyLi and  Support Team,

I have tried but without success. I would appreciate your guidance on this matter. 
To isolate the issue, I have tested the following procedure using a Linux driver without NxpNfcRdLib:

1. Power ON and send "Command Enter Normal Operation mode" [send data: 20 01 00]
2. Check IRQ and receive data [80 00 08 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00]
** Check the movement: send RF_ON and RF field switched on correctly, and send RF_OFF
3. GPIO control (VEN LOW)
gpio_direction_output(dev->gpio_out_rst,0)
gpio_set_value(dev->gpio_out_rst,0)
4. GPIO control (VEN HIGH)
gpio_direction_output(dev->gpio_out_rst,1)
gpio_set_value(dev->gpio_out_rst,1)
In this case, PN5190 restart and expected to return to normal working mode.
But if I send some command (Ex. READ REGISTER), it does not work normally (IRQ always stay LOW...). 
However, if I send the "Command Enter Normal Operation mode" after re-trying step No.3 and No.4, the IRQ changes and the received data is the same as in step No.2. (After it, I can get response for about other commands)

Based on the above procedure, the movement is that after the reset control (VEN LOW -> HIGH), the PN5190 restart and return not to the normal working mode.
Are there any specific settings or configurations that I need to be aware of?
(I checked PN5190 FW is V2.06)

I look forward to your response and any assistance you can provide.
0 件の賞賛
返信

1,453件の閲覧回数
KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @ttkk_01 

Thanks for contacting us and using the NXP products.

To clarify your question, I would like to know the below:

1. what is the ultimate goal? Already be in "Normal state (It can detect and transmit data to Card in this state)" why do you make hardware reset action?

2. Did you use NXP's Demo kit or design by yourself?

3. Is your test code modified based on NXP's routines? If so, which one?

4. “Send to PN5190: 20 01 00” this is for what?

If possible, please describe the above questions.

BR

kelly

0 件の賞賛
返信