PN5180 Development board and Topaz 512 NFC Tags

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN5180 Development board and Topaz 512 NFC Tags

narendradurgapp
Contributor I

I have PN5180 development board and NFC cockpit frontend software. I am able to read Mifare tags. I am not able to read data from Topaz 512 nfc tags. So, far this is what i am able to achieve

1. Place topaz 512 on the antenna

2. send REQA and able to receive ATQA 00 C0

I am not able to send any Topaz512 specific commands. I understand the protocol is different, Topaz512 requires every

byte needs sending in a separate frame.  I have tried few changes to some registers but no success.

I appreciate if somebody can provide me more details.

Regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Narendra Durgappa,

hope you are doing great, as you may know the examples we provide offer a basic interaction with tags that are not from NXP, please check the NxpNfcRdLib folder in your project > comps > phalT1T  there you can find the APIs available to interacti with this type of tags if you want more interaction you will have to implement them my apologies for the inconvenience this might mean to you and your project.

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

narendradurgapp
Contributor I

Thanks very much. can you tell us where to get this NxpNfcRdLib. we have PN5180 development Board and NFC cockpit frontend software. Since we are doing embedded system integration, we are writing directly to registers and sending commands directly to the tags. It worked for us for most tags including ISO15693.  you can just point us where to get the lib. we do have NDA with NXP so we can ask them if that is the one way to get it.

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please check NFC Reader Library | NXP  this is the public library the one under NDA implements an example for DESFire and other for door access  using SAM but  I think you can use the public one as a reference.

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

narendradurgapp
Contributor I

Thanks very much. We are able to make Topaz 512 tags work with PN5180. One thing We would not understand is why it worked. In Topaz documentation the first type of the command is sent in 7 bits and remaining bytes are sent in 8 bits. However in the source code, we see the command is sent using 7 bits for last byte. the command SEND_DATA has a value of 7 for last bits. 

We are happy now to see topaz tag works, but not sure with this sending 7 bits either in last or first bytes. It is in line number 725 of the file phhalHw_Pn5180.c the line is this

PH_CHECK_FAILURE_FCT(statusTmp, phhalHw_Pn5180_SetConfig(pDataParams, PHHAL_HW_CONFIG_TXLASTBITS, 7U));

0 Kudos