PN5180 Autocoll Wake-up Counter (no library)

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

PN5180 Autocoll Wake-up Counter (no library)

636 次查看
IbeVdV
Contributor I

Hi all,

I am currently developing an nfc application using the #PN5180 chip without the library

While reading the datasheet "PN5180A0XX_C3_C4.pdf", I noticed in table 22 (Autocoll wake-up counter configuration) that there is a possibility to configure the Wake-up Counter Value using 2 bytes. I have not yet been able to successfully send this along with the start autocoll command. What is the exact purpose of these bytes? How can they be used?

IbeVdV_0-1696932537595.png

Also, is there any way of leaving the autocoll mode (back to normal mode) without resetting the device? For example, using a timeout value?

Thanks in advance!

0 项奖励
回复
5 回复数

539 次查看
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I appreciate your interest in our products.

Unfortunately, the free online support we can provide is for the use of our NFC Reader Library, we don't have any code snippets that may be helpful for an implementation. Nevertheless, in the Switch Mode Description, is mentioned that this value is a counter in microseconds for setting the mode from (Standby, LPCD, Autocoll) to Normal Mode through a reset.

The counter value is adjusted depending on your application needs.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 项奖励
回复

526 次查看
IbeVdV
Contributor I

Hi

Indeed, I see that the switch mode description mentions the function of the wake up counter. However, the Autcoll mode lacks a description as given for LPCD, for example.

IbeVdV_0-1697008842658.png

IbeVdV_1-1697008906285.png

Could it be that table 22 came into the datasheet by mistake?

Kind regards
Ibe

0 项奖励
回复

477 次查看
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir,
Regarding your question of if it is possible to implement the use of a Tag Reader Mode and, Host card emulation. Please take a look at the DiscoveryLoop example, which shows this exact implementation divided into timespans.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 项奖励
回复

471 次查看
IbeVdV
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I took a look at the DiscoveryLoop example.

From my understanding the example does only detect a certain technology and does not actually execute the mode (emulating a card)? I was wondering, where is the exact implementation of the HCE executed on the PN5180?

Kind regards
Ibe

0 项奖励
回复

443 次查看
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please take a look in the main file, there is a HALConfigAutoColl() right below the comment:

/*Initialize the setting for Listen Mode */

The PN5180 is able to respond to ATR Requests and  RATS from a read.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 项奖励
回复