cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM27462CDKP Kit not responding anymore

VDESTREBECQ
Contributor II

Hello,

I have received a OM27462CDKP dev kit, with a LPC Link2 probe & PNEV7462C board.

I tested it using different configurations for a few days : I was able to flash software on it and test a few features. After that, I went to test a more concrete use case : I need an autonomous card I can get RFID  ID's from when scanning cards.

After trying to establish an UART dialogue, I realised the PNEV7462C board is not responding anymore. This might have to do with a flash error or a bad UART configuration. The problem being : I am stuck and cannot get back to work with the board.

When pressing RST_N on PNEV7462, I have no response, and none of the GPIO leds seems active. When trying to put the PNEV7462 in mass storage mode, I have no reaction from the board (no differences with leds, no USB mass storage detected).

When trying to debug it with new software, I get this error :

============= SCRIPT: PN7xxxxx_Connect.scp =============

Error: Wire Ack Fault - target connected?

Error: Wire not connected

============= END SCRIPT ===============================

Failed on connect: Ee(42). Could not connect to core.

No connection to chip's debug port

When trying to flash it, I get this error :

redlink> WireIsConnected 1

FALSE

redlink> WireSwdConnect 1

Error: Wire Ack Fault - target connected?

or sometimes nothing (no error, but also no progress displayed in MCUXpresso IDE).

Is there a way to reset the PNEV7462 board or flash it while having this problem ?

Thank you for your support

0 Kudos
7 Replies

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @VDESTREBECQ,

Hope you are doing well.

How are you trying to put your device in USB Mass storage? Could you please confirm that you have followed the PN7462 Quick Start Guide, Section 8.10, to try to update your device via USB MSD interface?

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

VDESTREBECQ
Contributor II

Yes, absolutely.

I am following this section instructions but the card doesn't respond when following those steps. I cannot mount it as a mass storage device.

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Could you please help me with a few more details? Is your application based on any of the examples from the NFC Reader Library? 

You mentioned that you were trying to establish an UART communication, what was the procedure you were following before this behavior occurred? 

By any chance, is any of the onboard LEDs turned on?

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

VDESTREBECQ
Contributor II

Sure.

I am using NFC Reader Library for PN7462 (see screenshot). All projects I tried to flash come frome this library and all flash tries are failing. Changing project in this library changes nothing. Before flashing, I compile in release mode, but flash fails as mentionned before. When trying to debug while using a Debug mode compilation, same, as mentionned before too.

More info on the board.

I power it with 5v USB. When powering it, 5v and 3v3 leds are turned on, but that's all. I will link photos to show my setup with an LPC-Link 2.

I tried to get a UART com with a USB to TTL cable plugged on my PC. I simply checked if it was possible to get messages from the board (with this kind of cable plugged in https://fr.rs-online.com/web/p/accessoires-pour-outils-de-developpement/0429307). When reading the documentation after the board not responding, I found out I had to change a specific register value for that, but didn't at the time.

Our use case is really simple : we want a UART com sending us card Id's when passed on the antenna. We don't need a more complex interaction.

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you for the additional information, this is very helpful.

Just as a test, please try using another USB Cable when trying to put your device in USB mass storage mode and repeat de procedure described in PN7462 Quick Start Guide.

In order to rule out that it may be an issue related to the debugger, please try to update the Firmware of your LPC-Link2 according to the LPC-Link2 Debug Probe Firmware Programming User Guide. This device supports CMSIS-DAP and J-Link firmware images; try updating your current image and, if it still not working, you can try installing a different firmware image (for example, if you are currently using CMSIS-DAP, try installing J-Link firmware). More information on LPCScrypt can be found in the product webpage.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

VDESTREBECQ
Contributor II

Hi,

I tried all of those solutions, but they didn't work as intended.

When using a different USB cable to power the PN7462, the same leds are on and I still can't access mass storage mode. I tried different USB ports on my PC to be sure too.

I tried to change the debbuger firmware via LPCScrypt too. I have similar behavior with both CMSIS-DAP and J-Link firmware (I will put a few screenshots to clarify, one when trying to debug with CMSIS-DAP and one when trying to flash with J-Link).

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Could you please provide more details about the procedure you were following before this behavior occurred (physical connections, application used, testing procedure)? Perhaps an incorrect connection of the USB to TTL may have occurred? 

What is the last application you flashed to your device before this occurred? Is it possible for you to check if any of the functionality from the last application is still working?

This information can be relevant to try to identify if your device has been damaged.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos