cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDA regarding NTAG 424

authways
Contributor II

Hi,

I have read the forums for quite a bit and I seem to see a common response which is to sign an NDA.

First I am an owner of hundreds of NTAG424 cards and I am developing my own app, I also want to sign this NDA and get more access for more documentation regarding this product. For example, I don't see any sample code in any public PDF about the EDCSA calculation for the Get_Signature response. So please give me instructions on how to proceed with this NDA.

Second, this information might be in the NDA, but why don't I see someone just freely making an open-source solution like TagXplorer that everyone can use? The new RFIDDiscover app (NDA covered) seems to support only NXP readers. It doesn't support ACR122U which is cheap and found everywhere, the reader that I have and one I want to write software for. Is this something prohibited to distribute freely?

What if I were to make an Android/IOS app that programs NTAG424 cards, and this app is better than any other app out there in terms of user-friendliness and functionality, am I allowed to sell that kind of app on the app store? Or what if I decide on the open-source route and publish the code on my GitHub is that allowed?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

authways
Contributor II

I am using the ACR122U reader and NodeJS to develop a desktop app.
I also plan to develop on Android/IOS using react-native-nfc-manager.

Is there any issue with me releasing any code I develop to the open-source community?

0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Since NTAG 424 is a tag that contains security features, most of the information is in a Secure Files section, for this, it is required a sign of an NDA.

In case you are interested in using an NFC Reader we do have a library that will help you develop a .NET project for PC/SC integration.

For an Andorid Development approach, we highly recommend that please take a look at our Taplinx API, which will help you quickly launch your App for Andorid.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos