cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFRC630 ISO7816 APDU Library

VaradrajSK
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a mobile phone acting as a Host Card Emulator(HCE) to emulate an NFC smart card. I have a custom board with MFRC630 reader chip on it which I want to be able to communicate with the mobile phone app.

I want to use the MFRC630 reader to send ISO-7816 C-APDU and receive ISO-7816 R-APDU from the mobile app. Is there any library from NXP which can help me send and receive APDU commands using the MFRC630 reader? @Jonathan_Iglesias @AlexanderB 

Thanks

Regards,

Varad

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlexanderB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

the MFRC630 belongs to the CLRC663 family. Please download the corresponding RC663 NFC Reader Library (NFC Reader Library ). The NFC Reader Library offers a lot of examples which shall get you started. 

Best regards,
Alexander

0 Kudos

VaradrajSK
Contributor I

Hi,

The NFC reader library for CLRC663 has built-in support for CLEV6630B, PNEV5180B and certain other Customer Evaluation Boards. However if I wanted to use the library for a custom board, with a different MCU other than LPC1769 how can I go about it? Are there any other libraries available which are more generic?

Thanks and regards,

Varad

0 Kudos

AlexanderB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

there is no generic library. But the library itself is structured to make porting quite easy. If you look into the docs folder of the reader library you will find detailed information about the reader libraries structure and APIs. I recommend to check the layer model and try to understand how this transfers to the actual source code. 

The reader library is a layer structure with generic interfaces. What you have todo is to port the DAL and BAL (part of phDriver) and thats it. The layers above, like HAL, PAL, AL etc.. you do not have to touch and will give you all the advantage of the library on any MCU you want.

This is a quite good example how to port the library: Porting to i.MX 
It might not be your target MCU put it will give you a very good idea how to do it for the MCU of your choice. If you google 'nxp nfc reader library porting' you will find a couple of results and example more. 

Best regards,
Alexander

0 Kudos