Hello, how to set the communication rate of mfrc523 to 424kbd or 848kbd? Is it only necessary to set TxModeReg register and RxModeReg register?Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, how to set the communication rate of mfrc523 to 424kbd or 848kbd? Is it only necessary to set TxModeReg register and RxModeReg register?Thanks!

Contributor II

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Binshen] LIN,

yes those are the two registers that need to be changed, it is important that the smart card or tag you are interacting with, supports this speeds. I want to mention that this device is not recommended for new designs please check our CLRC663. if you have more questions let me know.

BR

Jonathan

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

also a way to perform this using our library using the CLRC663 would be something like this:

status = phacDiscLoop_SetConfig(psDiscLoopParams, PHAC_DISCLOOP_CONFIG_TYPEA_I3P4_DRI,      PHPAL_I14443P4A_DATARATE_848);
CHECK_STATUS(status);
status = phacDiscLoop_SetConfig(psDiscLoopParams, PHAC_DISCLOOP_CONFIG_TYPEA_I3P4_DSI, PHPAL_I14443P4A_DATARATE_848);
CHECK_STATUS(status);‍‍‍‍

BR

Jonathan

Contributor II

yeah,thanks for your answer! I will refer to your suggestion about clrc663.Also,I have another two questions to ask you ,please.firstly,Can you get a example for me to teach how to set Frame Waiting Tim(FWT) by using registers or other way?Secondly,where do I get the libary that you mentioned above? 

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please check the library here Reader library, phhalHw_Wait();  is an API from the HAL ( Hardware abrasction layer)  that wait for the milliseconds you need, but  I would recommend that you check the library, download it you will find a folder called ApiDocumentation > NxpRdLib > html > NXP-NFCReaderLibrary-apiguide.html there is the explanation about the API available in the  library.

if you have questions please let me know.

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

Contributor II

OK,thanks very much,Jonathan! I will use the clrc663 when I make another new product,and I have a know  for it. But now,I maintain the company's previous code of product that use mfrc632 .However ,I  confused about some code in setting FWT,could you make a explanation for me ? I will paste the a little code screenshot below. How the values in the red box are calculated using FWI.I'm sorry to disturb you again.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Binshen LIN,

Hope you are doing great, for this information please look in the NxPNfcRdLib > comps > phpall14443p3b or phpall14443p4 or phpall14443p4a > src >  Sw> there ou can find a  .h file for example phpall14443p4_Sw_Int.h there are the definitions of the FWT please check this path.  

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

Contributor II

Dear Jonathan lglesias,

Thanks for answering these problems! I will study it .Also, I have another problem,do you use the stm32 ordinary IO port to simulate the ISO7816 protocol for contact card communicationu?

Have a great day!

BR

Binshen

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

we do not use such device, we have a list of contact readers that can help you to communicate in ISO 7816.

BR

Jonathan :smileygrin:

0 Kudos