Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we control CLEV663 board via SPI.

Jump to solution
norihiromichiga
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

CLEV663 allows us to use RS232 interface for easy-evaluation.

But we want to connect SPI bus to this evaluation board instead of RS232.

We may need to make some modification of board. Could you advise me if you have any suggestion if I want to use SPI bus on CLRC663 on this board?

Thanks,

Norihiro Michigami

AVNET

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Norihiro Michigami:

I guess you are using the serial red board CLEV663 and not the blue board.

The CLRC663 reader can indeed be controlled with an SPI interface from the host. Unfortunately the red board is configured and hardwired for UART interface. I think the modifications to the board are not so simple. These are the connections of the reader in the board:

pastedImage_2.png

The connection scheme for the different host interfaces is shown in a table in the datasheet as next:

pastedImage_5.png

You would need to modify the pin connections for IF0 - IF3 and IFSEL0/IFSEL1 to use SPI according to the table.

I do not recommend you to struggle with this. Instead there is the blue board CLEV663B:

CLRC663 development board|NXP

This board is ready to use SPI, I2C or UART interfaces and includes a connector for an LPCXpresso development board such as the LPCXpresso_LPC1769.

I hope this helps.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Norihiro Michigami:

I guess you are using the serial red board CLEV663 and not the blue board.

The CLRC663 reader can indeed be controlled with an SPI interface from the host. Unfortunately the red board is configured and hardwired for UART interface. I think the modifications to the board are not so simple. These are the connections of the reader in the board:

pastedImage_2.png

The connection scheme for the different host interfaces is shown in a table in the datasheet as next:

pastedImage_5.png

You would need to modify the pin connections for IF0 - IF3 and IFSEL0/IFSEL1 to use SPI according to the table.

I do not recommend you to struggle with this. Instead there is the blue board CLEV663B:

CLRC663 development board|NXP

This board is ready to use SPI, I2C or UART interfaces and includes a connector for an LPCXpresso development board such as the LPCXpresso_LPC1769.

I hope this helps.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos
norihiromichiga
Senior Contributor I

Hello Jorge-san,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, my questions was for the red board.

I understood that using the blue board along with LPCXpresso was best way to evaluate this device with SPI bus.

Thanks,

Norihiro Michigami

AVNET

0 Kudos