.bin file not created for PIL, but code built correctly into .elf, seems something missing from make

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.bin file not created for PIL, but code built correctly into .elf, seems something missing from make

Deskwork4130
Contributor I

i have a model that if i generate code for it as a top model in external mode it builds, downloads and runs. when i try to include the same model as a PIL from a higher level model, the code builds a .elf, but it seems the make file is missing a post build call to convert the .elf to a .bin when in PIL mode.

one screenshot is the error message when in PIL mode, the other shows the step in external mode where the .bin is created from the .elf

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Adrian_Gherca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The .bin file is not missing it is still created from the .elf file, like you mentioned, but in a subfolder not at the same level as the model.
As far as I know the problem occurs when the selected download method is not "USB Multilink/Embedded Debugger - JTAG".

The problem is fixed in the "MBDT 1.5 for the S32K3xx series" toolbox release.

0 Kudos

Deskwork4130
Contributor I

maybe directory setting related? it does seem to be getting generated.

"### Invoking postbuild tool "ELF To Binary Converter" ..."
arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O binary ./HEC_Prototype.elf ../../../../HEC_Prototype.bin
"### Done invoking postbuild tool."
"### Successfully generated all binary outputs."

0 Kudos

Deskwork4130
Contributor I

i verified that if i manually copy the .bin to the same directory as the .elf it works. so what do i need to change so that the .bin is generated in the desired folder?

0 Kudos

Adrian_Gherca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately I cannot provide a solution for a local fix. In the latest toolbox release this error doesn't occur anymore.

0 Kudos