cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XCP Support

alimeraj
Contributor IV

Hi,

I just to ask that if there is any plan to support XCP side of MPC5744P in model base coding or something like that.

It will be very helpful for calibration and data acquisition.

Thanks,

Ali

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi alimeraj‌,

Thank you for your feedback. I capture your request as AST-661 in our tracking database.

Can you tell us more about your project and how you plan to use the XCP ?

Perhaps we can help you with some insights about how to configure a standard S-Function to include the XCP driver.

Best regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

yuanqingdong
Contributor I

HI ,jef f

We are a company that does BMS. We have used 5744 chips. Now we are developing XCP function. Could you please provide us with S-function and driver?thank you.

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi yuanqingdong‌,

Do you have the XCP protocol source code/driver ?  For example, VECTOR is providing a free basic implementation: http://download.vector.com/demos/xcp.zip 

If the answer is yes, then you can build your own S-Function to call the functions from XPC driver. 

There are a few articles on this community showing for to call custom code into the Simulink model.

About Code generation in the Model Based Software 

https://community.nxp.com/message/910444 

Hope this helps!

Daniel

0 Kudos

alimeraj
Contributor IV

Hi Dumitru,

Thanks for the quick update,

basiclly I want to tune the parameters using INCA Calibration and data acquisition software and for that I need two things

1) XCP Driver on Processor

2) A2L file generation from the model

I hope this helps, if you need more info please let me know

Regards,

Ali

0 Kudos

jfrey
Contributor IV

dumitru-daniel.popa‌:

I'll definitely second the XCP server. While FreeMASTER is a good tool for those without access to others, industry usually has their own tools such as CANape or INCA to do development calibration.

An included MBD XCP server would make it much, much easier to integrate the DEVKIT-MPC5744P into our existing work flows (And improve the chances of NXP getting selected as a supplier!).

alimeraj‌: 

Every place I've seen has had their own home rolled A2L generator. To my knowledge there isn't a standard, opensourced one anywhere. I've never used the Matlab A2L generator but from what I understand it doesn't do exactly what CANape/INCA expects.

Once I get my own personal MPC5744P I've considered looking into making my own A2L generation tool with Python.

There are already a few libraries out there that should make it easy such as:

GitHub - eliben/pyelftools: Pure-python library for parsing ELF and DWARF 

GitHub - christoph2/pyA2L: ASAM ASAP2 Library for Python 

If this is something that interests you, and anyone else reading, I'll probably do Development on Github.

0 Kudos