Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K34 build error

Jump to solution
hayaoki7
Contributor IV

Hello, everyone

I downloaded the MBD of S32K34 and built the PMSM model, but there was a license error and the build could not be performed.
I tried to download the license file, but I can't.
Please tell me how to resolve.

Best regards, Hayaoki7

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @hayaoki7 

We are working to remove the busses data type loaded in the workspace that you have attached in the picture. Hopefully, this will be added in the next release.

1: I tried to generate code for the PMSM model. It takes longer than the S32K14. Will this code generation time be improved in the release version?

The S32K3 Toolbox is way different than the S32K1. First, we have introduced the usage of an external configuration tool, so instead of having configuration blocks, like in K1 ewe now let our customers use either EB Tresos or S32CT to generate the configuration files. And this comes with a huge advantage: our customers have access to all the settings for the MCU: pins, clocks, peripherals. The second difference is that the K1 generates code on top of NXP S32SDK while the K3 generates code on top of the NXP RTD. So there are some more files there. This explains why the code generation time alongside the building process time got increased. Of course, the code is not generated every time for the external configuration tool, but only when the project has been changed.

2: Release of a compatible model of MCSPTE1AK344

Of course, our plan is to support this MCSPTE1AK344 board, but I cannot provide a timeframe yet. The actual PMSM model delivered with the current release uses the S32K3X4EVB-Q257 + GD3000 so I guess that for the hardware connection, you have to check the pinout compatibility and most likely the motor type.

3: Does it support MCB?

I see no reason why the MathWorks' Motor Control Toolbox shall not be compatible with our toolbox, so I think you can use both. Let us know if you encounter any issues.

4: Is there a plan to support R2021B with the release version of S32K3_MBD?

You can already install our toolbox in R2021b. I've tried some models in R2021b and they work just fine.

Hope this helps,

Marius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @hayaoki7 ,

Can you give me more details, please? You cannot access the licensing website or you've copied the lic file to another location?

Regards,

marius

0 Kudos
hayaoki7
Contributor IV

Hello marius,

There is no checkbox for license selection. Therefore, a warning will be displayed if it cannot be generated.

hayaoki7_0-1637045339878.png

Best regards hayaoki7

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@hayaoki7 ,

That's strange. Let's follow the steps below.

1. Go to this link: https://www.nxp.com/webapp/swlicensing/sso/downloadSoftware.sp?catid=SW32K3-STDSW-D

2. Select the Automotive SW - S32K3 - Model-Based Design Toolbox 

mariuslucianand_0-1637048989974.png

3. Select this one

mariuslucianand_1-1637049040651.png

4. Select the License Keys tab

mariuslucianand_2-1637049074352.png

5. The following options should appear

mariuslucianand_3-1637049142704.png

Now, you have most likely followed the steps above, but wanted to check the source from step 1 if it is working or not.

Otherwise, please send me a screenshot from step 5 from your side, and I will try to contact the licensing administrator.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos
hayaoki7
Contributor IV

Hello Marius,

Looking at the license tab, there was a checkbox for S32K3. I have generated a license. However, it cannot be built yet.

hayaoki7_0-1637054802349.png

It is an error display.

License Error: -5, Model-Based Design Toolbox License Invalid, please go to The Model-Based Design Development Toolbox Web Site and include error number.

The MBD installation is successful.

>> mbd_s32k3_path
Treating 'C:\Users\H\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K3xx' as MBD Toolbox installation root.
MBD Toolbox path prepended.
Registering the toolchain ...
Successful.

Best regards Hayaoki7

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@hayaoki7 ,

It looks like the license file is invalid. 

When you generate the license, you have to type the Disk Number in the yellow area.

To find the disk number you have to type in a Windows Command Prompt the vol command.mariuslucianand_1-1637056773914.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos
hayaoki7
Contributor IV

Hello Marius,

You are entering what is displayed in VOL. I generated the license several times and tried it with that file, but I couldn't build it.Is it because it is a pre-release version?

Best regards Hayaoki7

0 Kudos
hayaoki7
Contributor IV

Hello Marius,

hayaoki7_0-1637091517699.png

In addition, I've generated license files several times since then. Succeeded. Thank you very much.

hayaoki7_1-1637091751148.png

How do I re-register the information that is registered in the workspace when I start Simulink? Also, I want to register in the workspace at my favorite timing rather than being executed when Simulinik starts, so is this change possible?

1: I tried to generate code for the PMSM model. It takes longer than the S32K14. Will this code generation time be improved in the release version?
2: Release of compatible model of MCSPTE1AK344

Until the release version comes out, we will check the PMSM model until we can get the MCSPTE1AK344.

Thank you very much.

Best regards hayaoki7

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @hayaoki7 

We are working to remove the busses data type loaded in the workspace that you have attached in the picture. Hopefully, this will be added in the next release.

The S32K3 Toolbox is way different than the S32K1. First, we have introduced the usage of an external configuration tool, so instead of having configuration blocks, like in K1 ewe now let our customers use either EB Tresos or S32CT to generate the configuration files. And this comes with a huge advantage: our customers have access to all the settings for the MCU: pins, clocks, peripherals. The second difference is that the K1 generates code on top of NXP S32SDK while the K3 generates code on top of the NXP RTD. So there are some more files there. This explains why the code generation time alongside the building process time got increased. Of course, the code is not generated every time for the external configuration tool, but only when the project has been changed.

2: Release of a compatible model of MCSPTE1AK344

Of course, our plan is to support this MCSPTE1AK344 board, but I cannot provide a timeframe yet. The actual PMSM model delivered with the current release uses the S32K3X4EVB-Q257 + GD3000 so I guess that for the hardware connection, you have to check the pinout compatibility and most likely the motor type.

I see no reason why the MathWorks' Motor Control Toolbox shall not be compatible with our toolbox, so I think you can use both. Let us know if you encounter any issues.

You can already install our toolbox in R2021b. I've tried some models in R2021b and they work just fine.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos