Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pwm mode in MBDT

avinashstarkenn
Contributor II

Hello,

I am working on S32k3xx with MBDT.

Following is my model for PWM generation.

avinashstarkenn_0-1693111207098.png

And following are my configuration on S32 CT

avinashstarkenn_1-1693111313295.pngavinashstarkenn_2-1693111348898.png

Still I am not getting pwm output on PTA1.

I also tried example Model but still no luck.

Need support urgently.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

georgevictor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @avinashstarkenn ,

I see that you are using our default configuration for the S32K344-Q257 processor package that is set by default on a new model for S32K3. This selection is found inside the Hardware group and can be changed in accordance with your available hardware.

georgevictor_0-1693238621628.png

This configuration has been tested on the S32K3x4-Q257 evaluation board.

Could you tell us if you are using an evaluation board with the same processor version (S32K344) and package (257 pins)?

Cheers,

Victor

0 Kudos

avinashstarkenn
Contributor II

Hello @georgevictor ,

I have been using S32k344-Q172.

0 Kudos

georgevictor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @avinashstarkenn,

I have download our s32k3xx_pwm_edge_aligned_s32ct example onto the S32K344-Q172 board and it works properly. Have you tried to check both pwm outputs, PTA0 and PTA1. Additionally, you can see if the RGBLED0_BLUE is turned on or off using a logic analyzer while the program is running.

Have you tried to run a debug session in S32 Design Studio using the .elf executable file generated with Simulink?

Do you have problems running other examples from our toolbox, such as the basic s32k3xx_dio_s32ct that toggles an LED?

Cheers,

Victor

0 Kudos

avinashstarkenn
Contributor II

Although Blue light is glowing but i am unable to detect a pwm signal on those pins on Logic analyzer.

Have have not run DIO example but I have directly build a model to check DIO block and it worked

How to run a debug session in s32 Design Studio?

0 Kudos

georgevictor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @avinashstarkenn,

The falling edge notification of both PWM channels toggles the RGBLED0_BLUE on and off at a high frequency. This indicates that the PWM signal was generated successfully, and you should be able to see it with the logic analyzer. Could you also use the logic analyzer to examine the PTA31 routed to the RGBLED0_BLUE and compare the resulting signal to the one in the example help?

Please see the following thread, Export generated projects in MBDT for s32k3XX, for more information on how to export your application in S32 Design Studio. Details on exporting, importing, and running a debug session in S32DS from an application generated with our toolbox can be found here.

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos