Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSRUN not available in PMC_Config in MBDT

Jump to solution
Laudee
Contributor I

Hi!

I am using a customized board with S32K144, and for memory write reasons, I need to switch the system between RUN and HSRUN. However, when I put a PMC_Config block, there is no HSRUN options, like in picture below:

Laudee_0-1683877782883.png

It is not only happenning in my project, I tried to open a PMC example, and the block in examples with HSRUN setting is only showing VLPS, no HSRUN in that block neither. 

I tried to open this block in 2 laptops, and both laptop are using Matlab 2022a and NXP MBDT S32K1XX 4.3.0, and neither shows the HSRUN option.

Could you let me know if I can solve it? And could you also give an alternative solution such as using a System Output to switch to HSRUN?

My clock config as below:

Laudee_1-1683878164577.png

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Laudee,

Thank you very much for reporting this issue! The reported behavior looks to be related to our internal scripts. HSRUN is not a mode supported by all the S32K1 parts and therefore the S32K144 was affected by this internal script. I have attached a script that will solve the error for you. 

To apply the script, please run the following command inside the MATLAB Command window.

winopen(fullfile(mbd_find_s32k_root, 'mbdtbx_s32k', 'mscripts', 'pmc'))

In the newly opened window replace the mbd_s32k_pmc_config_cbk script with the one from the attached archive. Please let us know if this solves the issue on your side! Also, could you please let us know which MATLAB version are you using?

Regards,

Marius

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Laudee
Contributor I

Some new finding:

I create a new empty model and put the PMC_Config block, the HSRUN appears in the options, and then I put the MCU_Config block, the HSRUN still there, but when I select the Target to be S32K144, and click OK, the HSRUN disappears.

Is this a bug in the MBDT for S32K144? Because I understands that S32K144 also support HSRUN and Normal Run mode switch.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Laudee,

Thank you very much for reporting this issue! The reported behavior looks to be related to our internal scripts. HSRUN is not a mode supported by all the S32K1 parts and therefore the S32K144 was affected by this internal script. I have attached a script that will solve the error for you. 

To apply the script, please run the following command inside the MATLAB Command window.

winopen(fullfile(mbd_find_s32k_root, 'mbdtbx_s32k', 'mscripts', 'pmc'))

In the newly opened window replace the mbd_s32k_pmc_config_cbk script with the one from the attached archive. Please let us know if this solves the issue on your side! Also, could you please let us know which MATLAB version are you using?

Regards,

Marius

Laudee
Contributor I

And my MATLAB version is 2022a. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Laudee
Contributor I

Thank you very much Marius! @mariuslucianand 

The new script works perfectly!

0 Kudos
Laudee
Contributor I

Does anyone have the same issue? Is there a solution? Thanks!

0 Kudos