Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K146 - Example code builds and flashes but nothing happens

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K146 - Example code builds and flashes but nothing happens

Jump to solution
johngreenjets
Contributor III

I have installed the NXP 'Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx Automotive Microprocessors Family' which I am using with the NXP UCANS32K146 development board.

I am using the simple example 'gpio_s32k146' which toggles an LED and reads switch inputs etc

The build message shows that the model built and downloaded successfully, but the software does not seem to run because the LED does not toggle and the switches have no effect.

Why does this simple example code not seem to run on the development board ?

johngreenjets_0-1683900764674.png

johngreenjets_1-1683901178067.png

The configuration is setup as follows...

johngreenjets_2-1683901234142.png

johngreenjets_3-1683901254970.png

johngreenjets_4-1683901281446.png

Message shows successful completion of build and download...

johngreenjets_5-1683901431642.png

I imported the generated xml project into the S32 Design Studio for Arm IDE so I could break point and step.

I couldn't see anywhere in the code or project that sets the GPIO pins a digital inputs/outputs, could this be the problem ?  

I believe the pin configuration is usually done using the Processor Expert in the IDE ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
johngreenjets
Contributor III

After further investigation, it is working

The blue LED could not be seen to flash because its an RGB LED and the red and green LEDs were also on.

So I set the red and green LEDs to off and now the blue LED can be seen flashing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
johngreenjets
Contributor III

After further investigation, it is working

The blue LED could not be seen to flash because its an RGB LED and the red and green LEDs were also on.

So I set the red and green LEDs to off and now the blue LED can be seen flashing

0 Kudos