cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory write error if in subsystem

Jump to solution
BillDuley
Contributor III

When utilizing the memory read / write blocks per the example project, things work great.

If I try to put the write block in a subsystem, I get the attached error:

BillDuley_0-1688070700051.png

My end goal is to write to a flash region and make the subsystem enabled to avoid memory wear out.

My blockset version is "Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K3xx Series Version 1.2.2"

Is there a way around this error?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Irina_Costachescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @BillDuley ,

We have investigated the described issue and we would like to share with you the following fix, in the form of the check_range.p file contained by the archive attached to this post.

After you download the archive and extract the file, can you please copy it inside the <toolbox_root>/mbdtbx_s32k3/+mbd_s32k3/+mem folder and overwrite the already existing one? After this process is completed, you should be able to use a MBDT Memory Write block inside a subsystem, as required by your use case.

However, please note that this solution is applicable only for the current toolbox version you are using (1.2.2) and it will not work with newer toolbox versions due to compatibility issues.

Let us know if this helps or further assistance is needed from our side.

Thank you,
Irina

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BillDuley
Contributor III

Patch worked great! Thx!

0 Kudos
Irina_Costachescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @BillDuley ,

We have investigated the described issue and we would like to share with you the following fix, in the form of the check_range.p file contained by the archive attached to this post.

After you download the archive and extract the file, can you please copy it inside the <toolbox_root>/mbdtbx_s32k3/+mbd_s32k3/+mem folder and overwrite the already existing one? After this process is completed, you should be able to use a MBDT Memory Write block inside a subsystem, as required by your use case.

However, please note that this solution is applicable only for the current toolbox version you are using (1.2.2) and it will not work with newer toolbox versions due to compatibility issues.

Let us know if this helps or further assistance is needed from our side.

Thank you,
Irina

0 Kudos