Did you mean: 

Getting an error with NXP i.MXRT1xxx Simulink Model Based Design Toolbox

Jump to solution
Bvin
Contributor II

Dear NXP Team,

I am using MIMXRT1064-EVK and first I have started with

Getting Started with the MIMXRT1064-EVK Evaluation Board

to set up a development environment with the MCUXpresso IDE toolchain. I have also successfully run the 'hello world' and 'led blinky' examples.

After that, I have installed the i.MXRT1xxx support package and MBDT for MATLAB and Simulink, and started with the getting started guide for NXP i.MXRT1xxx MBDT with Simulink as follows: 

Getting started with NXP i.MX RT1xxx Simulink Toolbox

I have followed all the steps and instructions carefully but still, I am getting the error enclosed in the "mytest2024a_20240416_120817.txt" file.

Thank you very much for your support and reply. Here, I am seeking your guidance to solve my mistake. 

Best regards,

Bvin

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bvin
Contributor II

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for your fast reply. 

You are right about the linker file. The error itself is with the default linker file defined inside MBDT which I have used to configure my Simulink model. I have solved the error and modified the default linker file with the right name for the included files. 

The default linker file (MIMXRT1064xxxxA.Id) path for MIMXRT1064 is as follows:

C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_IMXRT1xxx\mbdtbx_imxrt\devices\MIMXRT1064\linker_files\default\flash

1. Open file: MIMXRT1064xxxxA.Id

2. Look for the below-mentioned text lines: 

INCLUDE "evkmimxrt1064_bubble_peripheral_Debug_library.ld"
INCLUDE "evkmimxrt1064_bubble_peripheral_Debug_memory.ld"

3. Replaced the text lines mentioned in Step-2 with the following lines:

INCLUDE "mimxrt1064xxxxA_library.ld"
INCLUDE "mimxrt1064xxxxA_memory.ld"

4. Save file: MIMXRT1064xxxxA.Id

5. Now, I have run the Simulink model again and there was no error. 

Enclosed you can find both the Original and Modified versions of the default linker files of the MBDT for your better understanding. 

Best regards,

Bvin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
stefancinipeanu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Bvin 

Looking into the log file you have posted, it seems to me that your are trying to use a custom linker file that does not exist. If may I ask, did you provided another linker file to your model? How did you configured your model? Can you provide more information on how did you configured it?

stefancinipeanu_0-1713353996253.png

Regards!

Stefan.

0 Kudos
Bvin
Contributor II

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for your fast reply. 

You are right about the linker file. The error itself is with the default linker file defined inside MBDT which I have used to configure my Simulink model. I have solved the error and modified the default linker file with the right name for the included files. 

The default linker file (MIMXRT1064xxxxA.Id) path for MIMXRT1064 is as follows:

C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_IMXRT1xxx\mbdtbx_imxrt\devices\MIMXRT1064\linker_files\default\flash

1. Open file: MIMXRT1064xxxxA.Id

2. Look for the below-mentioned text lines: 

INCLUDE "evkmimxrt1064_bubble_peripheral_Debug_library.ld"
INCLUDE "evkmimxrt1064_bubble_peripheral_Debug_memory.ld"

3. Replaced the text lines mentioned in Step-2 with the following lines:

INCLUDE "mimxrt1064xxxxA_library.ld"
INCLUDE "mimxrt1064xxxxA_memory.ld"

4. Save file: MIMXRT1064xxxxA.Id

5. Now, I have run the Simulink model again and there was no error. 

Enclosed you can find both the Original and Modified versions of the default linker files of the MBDT for your better understanding. 

Best regards,

Bvin

0 Kudos
Bvin
Contributor II
The file format (.Id) is not supported in the attachment. So, I have not enclosed in my last reply.

Thank you and regards,
Bvin
0 Kudos