Extended CAN ID not working (UCANS32K146 development board)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended CAN ID not working (UCANS32K146 development board)

Jump to solution
johngreenjets
Contributor III

I am trying to send CAN messages with extended IDs, but they appear to be set to standard IDs even though I have enabled them as extended.

The CAN ID is 0x1CFF3225, but when receiving the message the ID is 0x255.

johngreenjets_1-1684838145224.png

I have enabled extended ID in the mail box configuration block as shown below.  I noticed that in the generated code (on the right) shows that the msg_id_type is FLEXCAN_MSG_ID_STD (it should be FLEXCAN_MSG_ID_EXT)...

johngreenjets_0-1684838078303.png

I also enabled extended ID in the send block as shown below...

johngreenjets_2-1684838290369.png

I am using Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx Series Version 4.3.0

It seems that there is a bug and extended ID option is not being set in the generated code ?

How can I fix this ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @johngreenjets ,

Indeed. the Extended ID option from FCAN_MBConfig block doesn't function as expected, the msg_id_type is always set to standard ID.

To apply the attached cumulative patch NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx_4.3.1_patch_20230830.zip follow these steps:

1. Restart Matlab.
  2. Install the NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K version 4.3.0 toolbox if it is not already installed.
  3. Unzip the attached NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx_4.3.1_patch_20230830.zip file.
  4. Run NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx_patch.m file in Matlab

Regards,

Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies
johngreenjets
Contributor III

Can someone from NXP please respond to this post ?

I raised an NXP support ticket at the beginning of June, but got the following response...

"An apology for the inconvenience.

But everything about MBDT is resolved in the community you are using. Sometimes they take time to respond, but they do respond.

I thank you in advance for your patience."

0 Kudos
paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @johngreenjets ,

Indeed. the Extended ID option from FCAN_MBConfig block doesn't function as expected, the msg_id_type is always set to standard ID.

To apply the attached cumulative patch NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx_4.3.1_patch_20230830.zip follow these steps:

1. Restart Matlab.
  2. Install the NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K version 4.3.0 toolbox if it is not already installed.
  3. Unzip the attached NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx_4.3.1_patch_20230830.zip file.
  4. Run NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx_patch.m file in Matlab

Regards,

Paul

johngreenjets
Contributor III

There appears to be a bug with this patch.

The issue is explained in the following post, for which I have found a potential work around....

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Model-Based-Design-Toolbox-MBDT/fcan-s32k-receive-Unrecognized-function...

0 Kudos