cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANFD not working in S32148

rahulugile905
Contributor I

Hello community,

I am working with a s32k148 board on the implementation of a CAN FD system. When I send and receive CAN FD messages it does not work..

Even if with or without BRS I try to use these CAN FD messages. If I use a model in which I try to send/receive CAN FD messages to/from my CAN Tool with the BRS, it doesn't work. 

I have installed latest version of MBD toolbox MBDToolbox_S32K1xx_4.3.0 where some CAN blocks are updated as per NXP ,But still I CAN FD is not working on it.

since my CAN is up and running on same board but facing issue with CAN FD for same functionality

Can I get a hint on what could be happening? Is this a pending functionality?

Thanks MBD team.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

PaulSMagna
Contributor II

To provide an update, we have built a test model and are using Design Studio to flash and Freemaster to interrogate variables and debug.

Standard CAN operations are working properly, and the CAN messages properly show up in our CAN tool.  

For this test model that we have created, as soon as we activate the CAN FD in the FCAN_Config block from the Simulink Library, the model/software completely stops functioning. I have tried this several times switching between CAN FD enabled and disabled and each time the CAN FD is enabled, the software stops working properly. Freemaster is connected to watch variables shows the variable updates and the onboard LED is flashing when the software is running properly. Neither the LED flashes or the Freemaster variables are updated when CAN FD is enabled indicating that the software is not running properly. 

We are stuck and need immediate input  

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @PaulSMagna ,

Thank you for sharing this information with us! It looks, from what you describe, that the MCU ends in a hard fault once you are enabling the CAN FD module in MBDT. This might happen due to multiple causes, a missing additional block or setting, or this might happen due to a conflict with some other bloc. We will try to reproduce this on our end and provide you with a solution. Given the situation you are facing, I think that the faster way would be to share with us your model (of course, please do this in private) so that we could debug the generated code to find out what produces this behavior.

@SorinIBancila , @paulvlase could you please comment on this?

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

rahulugile905
Contributor I

hello @mariuslucianand ,

Thank you for your support. Do we have any update on Model which @PaulSMagna has shared to check CANFD ?. Is there any further update or Suggestion to make CANFD working?

0 Kudos

PaulSMagna
Contributor II

Yes we came to the same conclusion that it is a configuration error in a block. 

I can share the model, please provide an email address for me to send . .

0 Kudos

PaulSMagna
Contributor II

We are working on the new E/E Architecture here at Magna (Troy, MIchigan) and we have chosen an NXP processor for a main component of this design and utilizing the NXP Simulink Toolbox MCAL for development. We have run into a major issue with the MCAL and its implementation of CAN FD and require immediate input for this topic as we have been at a standstill for several weeks.  We have updated to the latest NXP simulinnk toolbox 4.3.0 without success. 

0 Kudos