installed MQX 4.2 simple program stuck in void _mqx_idle_task()

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installed MQX 4.2 simple program stuck in void _mqx_idle_task()

Jump to solution
davidsa
Contributor I

I have updated my BSP from 4.1 to 4.2. I ran a very basic hello world from the examples to verify

that all is good. The task function is never being called. The BSP seems to be in the idle loop never

calling main().

I can jump between MQX 4.1 and 4.2. MQX 4.1 works every time. MQX 4.2 never enters main().

And yes I have applied the patches.

if (++kernel_data->IDLE_LOOP.IDLE_LOOP1 == 0) {

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

The MQX4.2 method of getting the library projects to open is different than MQX4.1 as Sol points out.

With MQX4.1 you are correct that you could open "all" the RTOS Components via the Freescale_MQX_4_1\build path.

With MQX4.2 you go to the example (or demo) folder and drag-n-drop the *.wsd file into the project pane of CW10.6.

This will open the example (or demo) project and "only" the needed MQX library components.

For your project, you would need to either use an example (or demo) project's *.wsd to get the libraries open, or individually open the needed library projects, and then save off a *.wsd file for later use to open the application and libraries all at once.

Hope this helps clear up the forward progress of MQX4.2.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David,

Are you using a Freescale board?

In my opinion this issue is related the clock configuration. Did you modify the BSP using MQX 4.1?

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
davidsa
Contributor I

Yes I agree it is a BSP setup issue. Below is what I had to do to build the MQX 4.2 libraries

using 4.1 as an example.

The MQX 4.2 does not contain the file build_libs.wsd which in version 4.1 is located in folder:

Freescale_MQX_4_1\build\twrk60d100m\cw10gcc

So what I found in the forum was to place that same file into Freescale_MQX_4_2\build\twrk60d100m\cw10gcc

and then drop the build_libs.wsd into the codeWarrior environment.

We are using our own board which runs at 25Mhz so I made the same changes using Processor Expert to change the

appropriate values to the slower speed.

So apparently there is a process issue. What is the proper procedure to get MQX 4.2 libraries built within the

CodeWarrior environment?

0 Kudos
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

One of new features in MQX4.2 is that WSD files are now moved directly into example directories. So you can open for example wsd file at path: c:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\mqx\examples\flashx\build\cw10gcc\flashx_twrk60d100m\flashx_twrk60d100m.wsd

This wsd file will load only necessary libraries. In case of flashx it is only BSP and PSP.

For example wsd file in web_hvac directory will load BSP, PSP, MFS, RTCS, SHELL and USB Host libraries.

You need to modify the BSP again for MQX 4.2, then you need to build all the libraries.

Have a great day,
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
davidsa
Contributor I

This all seems simple to be sure. and I did copy the .wsd directly from the web_hvac (4.2) folder and verified

that the builds are only being done in the 4.2 folder. I am still not able to run the simplest of programs.

We have a board that runs on 25Mhz under 4.1. I had to modify the bsp from 50 to 25mhz and change

all of the appropriate errors in the subsequent clocks. The procedure is very well documented and was followed

line by line in MQX 4.2 BSP.

I will have to do a compete stepping through the initialization process to let you know where it is stopping

because the basic hello world task is never being called. We are being forced to stay with 4.1 until this issue

can be resolved.

Do you have any insight on other possibilities?

0 Kudos
davidsa
Contributor I

I am assuming I still have to grab the *.wsd and drop it in? Since bringing in the sample

web_hvac project did not bring in the libraries for me to view and modify.

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

The MQX4.2 method of getting the library projects to open is different than MQX4.1 as Sol points out.

With MQX4.1 you are correct that you could open "all" the RTOS Components via the Freescale_MQX_4_1\build path.

With MQX4.2 you go to the example (or demo) folder and drag-n-drop the *.wsd file into the project pane of CW10.6.

This will open the example (or demo) project and "only" the needed MQX library components.

For your project, you would need to either use an example (or demo) project's *.wsd to get the libraries open, or individually open the needed library projects, and then save off a *.wsd file for later use to open the application and libraries all at once.

Hope this helps clear up the forward progress of MQX4.2.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos