cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi solution

Dario
Contributor I

Hello

I looking for wifi solutions using MQX TCP/IP stack.

I've seen that currently is on development a 802.11b WiFi ZeroG-based module for the Tower System.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?nodeId=05521067406B48

I want to know if that solution would be ported for MQX and for wich Microcontroller and wich ZeroG mudule use.

Regards,

0 Kudos
13 Replies

vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

It would be nice to have a Wifi device that connects to the MII interface directly, not via SPI. I'm not sure if such a device exists though...

0 Kudos

ARQuattr
Contributor IV

I was hoping to see more development on this. 

Marc VDH, I found a wi-fi module that supposedly will connect to the RMII:

http://www.connectone.com/products.asp?did=39&pid=88

I think I might give this a try, unless someone knows of a farily well-developed solution for MQX on the Coldfire V2?

0 Kudos

vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

Interesting info, thanks!

Please keep us informed when you give it a try! :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

PetrL
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Wifi card will most likely use ZG2101MC module and we are starting with MCF52259 MCU port.

Then all TWR MCUs should be supported.

Regards,

PetrL

0 Kudos

Chris_UTS
Contributor I

Hi,

Is there any updated information or expected dates about the ZeroG module and integration with MQX? We are extremely interesting in adding wireless ethernet to our MCF52259 application.

Thank you.

Chris
0 Kudos

PetrL
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

ZeroG Driver for MCF52259 Tower Board + ZeroG extension board should be released at beginning of November 2009. 

Regards,

Petr

0 Kudos

hwg
Contributor I
The Wifi solution essentially requires a TCP/IP stack implementation over 802.11 b/g. Will the MQX/RTCS stack be upgraded to support TCP/IP over the ZeroG module on MCF5225x platform? The latest V 3.3.0 of MQX/RTCS does not support Wifi. 
0 Kudos

JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Yes, it will be in the HW level of the stack.
0 Kudos

CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

how is this going?

I have just gotten out of a meeting and the directors have decided we need to add Wifi to out 52259.

Does anyone know how much this ZeroG module is worth? And is the driver ready for testing?

I have been looking at the Redpine Signals wifi module (RS9110-N-11-22), it seems quite simple, though, I would need to someone have the RTCS communicate over SPI. Is it difficult to get MQX's RTCS to talk over SPI to the Wifi module?

Message Edited by CarlFST60L on 2009-11-17 04:48 AM
0 Kudos

PetrL
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

ZeroG Wifi MQX driver is finished will be released soon.

ZeroG driver is part of current ENET driver. It uses standard SPI driver for communication with wifi module. 

RTCS stack is prepare to communicate with devices which implements standardized interface API. This API implements ENET driver. You can find enet driver source code in "mqx\source\io\enet\..." 

If you want to implement your custom ENET wifi driver you need to prepare custom service routines for your HW and pass them to ENET_PARAM_STRUCT initialization structure (bsp enet_ini.c file).

These routines must impelement similar functionality as current FEC and ZeroG driver provides (functions like send, shutdown, join, rejoin see ENET_MAC_IF_STRUCT, ENET_PHY_IF_STRUCT structs and "mqx\source\io\enet\mcf5xxx_fec"  sources). 

PetrL

Message Edited by PetrL on 2009-11-22 01:55 PM
0 Kudos

hwg
Contributor I

Support for ZeroGwireless module in Tower system and also in MQX/RTCS V 3.5.0 (if it was previously available in V 3.4.0) appears to have been removed. There is no more mention of Wifi on Tower System Webpage. Is there any issue with it?

0 Kudos

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

ZeroGwireless seems to be bought by MicroChip, it could be explained that!

Emmanuel

0 Kudos

hwg
Contributor I

That may explain.

Does Freescale have any alternate plan form Wifi for Tower/MCF52259/MQX? Any schedule for its offering?

Best Regards,

0 Kudos