Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating MQX3.4 to Latest(MQX3.6.2)

Jump to solution
OOLife
Contributor III

Hello,

My current MQX version is MQX3.4.

My project file is located in MQX3.4 folder.

And I want to update to MQX3.6.2.

Is there any useful links or comments for this?

Or, Can I use MQX 3.4 and 3.6.2 simultanousely?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi OOLife,

If the version of FSLMQX is doing what you want you can stay with it but generically we recommend upgrading to latest FSLMQX as we are constantly making improvements and errata fixes.  The release notes in the FSLMQX/doc folder let you know has changed over time.

A potential issue with staying with older version is with respect to IDE support.  Over time the CodeWarrior IDE's get updated to and older version's get depricated (i.e. dropped).  The FSLMQX3.4 had CW7.1 support only.  With FSLMQX3.6 it supports CW7.2 and CW10.x and the CW7.1 is depricated.

Very soon we'll have FSLMQX3.7 out.

You can keep multiple versions of FSLMQX on your machine without issue.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi OOLife,

If the version of FSLMQX is doing what you want you can stay with it but generically we recommend upgrading to latest FSLMQX as we are constantly making improvements and errata fixes.  The release notes in the FSLMQX/doc folder let you know has changed over time.

A potential issue with staying with older version is with respect to IDE support.  Over time the CodeWarrior IDE's get updated to and older version's get depricated (i.e. dropped).  The FSLMQX3.4 had CW7.1 support only.  With FSLMQX3.6 it supports CW7.2 and CW10.x and the CW7.1 is depricated.

Very soon we'll have FSLMQX3.7 out.

You can keep multiple versions of FSLMQX on your machine without issue.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos