USB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Orzor
Contributor I

Hello everybody!!!

I work on the M52259DEMOKIT and I search one person who develop USB.

In the example, we can plug USB key, mouse, keyboard. But I have a device plug and play and I want know how do for instal him.

I have the drivers. How do use their?

Thanks.

Best Regards.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Orzor,

unfortunatelly I cannot help you.

PnP device is a term coming in 1990s- its meaning is, that the device can be configurable by software, so you dont need to setup anything with jumpers on the card (as it was usual in first PCs). As you can see, all devices sold now over world are PnP. The another meaning of PnP is, that the device is enumerable- can be 'discovered' by operating system.

All devices in the operating systems need driver. If the device behaves as a standardized one, the (standardized) driver is probably already in the operating system, so you plug and use (e.g. USB flash stick is a standardized device). For those devices, which dont behave as standard, producer can write a driver for operating system. A driver is a piece of code written specially to operating system. Note that USB itself does not cover the whole behavior of device, so there is not "USB device driver" in any OS covering all USB devices.

All this means that your drivers are (probably) for Windows(tm) OS. It is needed to write MQX driver.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Orzor,

unfortunatelly I cannot help you.

PnP device is a term coming in 1990s- its meaning is, that the device can be configurable by software, so you dont need to setup anything with jumpers on the card (as it was usual in first PCs). As you can see, all devices sold now over world are PnP. The another meaning of PnP is, that the device is enumerable- can be 'discovered' by operating system.

All devices in the operating systems need driver. If the device behaves as a standardized one, the (standardized) driver is probably already in the operating system, so you plug and use (e.g. USB flash stick is a standardized device). For those devices, which dont behave as standard, producer can write a driver for operating system. A driver is a piece of code written specially to operating system. Note that USB itself does not cover the whole behavior of device, so there is not "USB device driver" in any OS covering all USB devices.

All this means that your drivers are (probably) for Windows(tm) OS. It is needed to write MQX driver.

0 Kudos