cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Host Printer Class

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

I'm looking for some USB Host Class Printer application exemple.

Where can I find such project?

Emmanuel

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
7 Replies

JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

USB printer class is not supported yet in MQX.

0 Kudos

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

It was added in MQX 3.5, it's written in release notes :

4.5.1 USB Class Drivers supported by Host Development Kit- Human-interface Class (HID) used to access mouse, keyboard and similar devices.- Mass storage device (MSD) Class used to access USB drives.- USB Hub class used to attach multiple devices to a single host port. If enabled at theapplication level, the HUB support is fully transparent. User application only needs to bemodified to be ready to handle multiple USB devices simultaneously. Keyboard/Mouseexample application is provided.- Basic Printer class.

0 Kudos

JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I am sorry to say that, but printer class is really not supported in MQX, even not in MQX 3.5.

0 Kudos

evgenyerlihman
Contributor IV

Hi JuroV​,

Do you know if MQX4.2 support usb printer?

Thanks,

Evgeny

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Evgeny,

The MQX 4.x support the USB host printer class and you can find the driver from: .../usb/host/source/classes/printer.

Unfortunately we don't have any source code example for using that class driver, (we've not tested it) and so we can hardly estimate the effort.

Theoretically, to communicate with the printer should be easy (enumerate, interface, send bulk data) as these functions are prepared in the class driver. The printer language needs to be implemented at the application level. Unfortunately we don't have experience with it that we could share at the moment.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

I'm little bit obstinate and impatient, I guess it's a feature for future release.

But, you can find files named usb_host_printer.c and usb_host_printer.h, holding functions like usb_printer_init, usb_printer_recv_data, usb_printer_send_data and some other.

Interesting, no ?

0 Kudos

nikhil165
Contributor I

Does MQX 3.8 supports printer class?

0 Kudos