Stop PE from overwriting my (ROM) interrupt Vectors.c?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop PE from overwriting my (ROM) interrupt Vectors.c?

brianwilloughby
Contributor III

I needed a very low overhead Timer interrupt, and I have successfully replaced the ivINT_FTM2 interrupt vector in Vectors.c

Unfortunately, every change to Processor Expert overwrites Vectors.c and loses my kernel interrupt vector hook.

Is there a place in Processor Expert where I can enter my interrupt function name so that PE will rewrite Vectors.c as I need it?

I realize that I could enable the feature to move the vector table from ROM to RAM, and then I could call _int_install_kernel_isr() at run time so that Vectors.c would not need to have my function in it. However, moving the vector table to RAM would require that I allocate memory to that, and I'm not sure whether the other developers will need that RAM. It would seem easiest if I could just alter the ROM vector table, since I know the vector will never need to change at run time. I just don't know whether Processor Expert supports this.

Other answers on this forum have shown other interrupts which allow user override of the default name, but I couldn't find a way to do this for FTM2.

Any hints or pointers?

I'm running CodeWarrior 10.6 with MQX and working with the MK20FX512VLQ12 chip.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Brian:

I think you can edit the FTM2 component in PE.Please see the following picture.

FTM2.jpg

I attached an example here .

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

brianwilloughby
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply, Daniel, but the technique you describe only seems to affect the MQX interrupt, not the kernel interrupt.

I did use the MQX interrupt, briefly, to test my code. However, the MQX interrupt has too much overhead and is too slow for my needs. I have successfully switched the code from an MQX interrupt to a kernel interrupt, but now that I've done that, PE will overwrite my interrupt vector.

I was hoping that the PE panel that you are looking at would have some option to select MQX interrupts or kernel interrupts for the FTM2 component.

Does anyone know how to do this?

0 Kudos