cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending messages to other processors

Jump to solution
JaimeR
Contributor III

How do you send a message to another processor?

Which would be the port and protocol used to send this message?

Which instruction should I use?

Message Edited by Jaime R on 2009-06-02 11:03 PM
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EAI
Contributor IV

From the release notes:

4.1.2  IPC – Communicating Between Processors
The IPC component which enables inter-processor communication, message exchange and synchronization has not yet been validated with devices currently supported by Freescale MQX
release.  

Work is being done now to validate IPC with MQX, and it may be available in the next release.

IPC over CAN has been used by various customers in the past.

The IPC mechanism can be used on any i/o driver that supports the open/close/read/write model.  In order to use IPC over can, you would have to write an interface driver - mapping these calls to the flexcan driver calls. This is a feature that should be added to the driver.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JaimeR
Contributor III
Is it possible to have interprocessor communication via CAN?
0 Kudos
EAI
Contributor IV

From the release notes:

4.1.2  IPC – Communicating Between Processors
The IPC component which enables inter-processor communication, message exchange and synchronization has not yet been validated with devices currently supported by Freescale MQX
release.  

Work is being done now to validate IPC with MQX, and it may be available in the next release.

IPC over CAN has been used by various customers in the past.

The IPC mechanism can be used on any i/o driver that supports the open/close/read/write model.  In order to use IPC over can, you would have to write an interface driver - mapping these calls to the flexcan driver calls. This is a feature that should be added to the driver.

0 Kudos
MQXuser
Contributor III
Who should I contact in order to purchase this feature(IPC over CAN)?
0 Kudos
Doug_EmbeddedAc
Senior Contributor I
You can contact Embedded Access by sending an email to sales@embedded-access.com or calling 613-591-0300.