Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI example trouble

Jump to solution
gsanchez
Contributor III

Hi folks, I have this question:

I'm trying to test a board with Kinetis K60, PN: MK60DX256ZVLQ10; and I'm having problems with the "SPI polled" example for MQX (spi_twrk60n512). This is, I cannot write the "SPI memory" which is referenced in the example. The following is the output when I debug the project:

Enable write latch in memory ... OK

Read memory status ... 0x00

Write byte to location 0x000000f0 in memory ... 0xba

Read memory status ... 0x00

Read byte from location 0x000000f0 in memory ... 0x00

Byte test ... ERROR

Getting statistics:

Interrupts:   0

Rx packets:   8

Rx overflow:  0

Tx packets:   33

Tx aborts :   0

Tx underflow: 0

I think this can be because my K60 doesn't have the same memory map of the MCU in Tower Kit. I look in the RM and in the datasheet, and I cannot found the memory map referenced in this example, with the purpose to change the address values in the example. Please, can anybody help me to find it?

Thanks for your help, and sorry about my english.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
gsanchez
Contributor III

Well, I found the answer:

Tower K60N512 Kit does not have EEPROM memory, and if you want to run the example there, it should not execute properly. Tower K60N512 have the SPI2 bus mapped in external connector (J5 in main board), just to put your EEPROM there.

I want to know if anyone could use the SPI driver properly, or if there are another example.

Thanks a lot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gsanchez
Contributor III

Well, I found the answer:

Tower K60N512 Kit does not have EEPROM memory, and if you want to run the example there, it should not execute properly. Tower K60N512 have the SPI2 bus mapped in external connector (J5 in main board), just to put your EEPROM there.

I want to know if anyone could use the SPI driver properly, or if there are another example.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos