cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI FLASH MFS

jackerison
Contributor III

Hi,everybody,

I have a problem must to fix.I was using the K60D100M board.We want to add a spi dataflash on it,the capacity is 16 MB.My purpose is to add the MQX MFS to it,but I don't konw how to edit it.Do somebody have the same experience or give some suggestions to me?I will be deeply grateful!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jack,

I believe this will answer your question:

Re: File system on SPI flash

Regards,
Garabo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jackerison
Contributor III

Hi Garabo,

Thks your reply,it's very useful for me.The easy way is to edit the sdcard_spi drvier and use the sdcard mfs to implement file system on SPI flash.But my question is whether the sdcard mfs has the balancing algorithm.Because the SPI Flash life is limited.In other words,I must make sure the mfs is safe.

0 Kudos

pavel_chromy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Jack,

I feel like there is great confusion in this area, so let me clarify this:

The sdcard_spi driver is a driver presenting an SD card as a seekable device while utilizing SPI as a communication channel for the SD card. It contains no balancing algorithm because this is not necessary - data storage SD cards implement this internally, presenting its flash memory as a block device. MFS also does not provide any kind of balancing because it is simply not a task for it - FAT filesystem does not natively support this.

It is certainly possible to implement driver presenting SPI flash as a seekable device, but unless there is some balancing method used it is only safe to use it for read-only filesystem.

Best regards, Pavel

0 Kudos