cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory lost in TCP with MQX/RTCS

lucky06200
Contributor II

Hi All,

I have a board with K60, MQX and RTCS. This board is used to sample analog inputs, compute some data and send results on TCP socket.

All work fine, except memory lost.

Searching thru MQX plugin, memory seems to be used by TCP activity.

When i dump TCP buffer, i found some data containing SMB type data (ex: "\MAILSLOT\BROWSE", some PC name, windows domain name and so on).

I do not use this in my application. I only send data on a socket on a special port. I have unvalidated IGMP.

How is it possible to not buffer such data, without any use for me, and "eating" all mty free memory ?

Where can i look to investigate ?

@++
Luc

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Luc,

It is possible that some server in your land is broadcasting these SMB packets and the MCU is receiving them and discarding. Try in a local network where only the PC and your board are connected. By default, RTCS receives and forwards directed broadcast datagrams. Set the value of RTCSCFG_IP_DISABLE_DIRECTED_BROADCAST to 1 (one) to avoid this.

Hope this helps.

Garabo

0 Kudos

lucky06200
Contributor II

Thank you Garabo,

I think effectively smb server do broadcast on my network. I have isolated my board on a special network with just 2 nodes (my board + pc) and memory lost seems to be ok now.

I will test RTCSCFG_IP_DISABLE_DIRECTED_BROADCAST to see if this is sufficient, and i come back to debrief.

Luc

0 Kudos