Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX TAD call stack in KDS 3

Jump to solution
ohadbenjamin
Contributor III

Hello all,

As I have mentioned in other threads here in the forum, we decided to port our application from K60 to K66.

With that, we were forced to stop using Code Warrior (Because the USB stack for K66 is only available for KDS).

The task of porting our code, Bootloader and MQX application, was a tedious one. I have finally been able to start debugging the MQX application.

I am unable to find a way to see the MQX task call stacks. I can only see the task that is currently running when I pause the application (It is always the Idle task...).

How can I see all the tasks at once and jump to the needed task to see where it's at and debug?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ohadbenjamin
Contributor III

So in other words the one feature I was asking about isn't available in KDS.

How do you expect the KDS users to debug a specific task?

Up until now we used CodeWarrior for our projects.

The only reason we want to use KDS is to get the USB_v2 working on the K66.

KDS isn't in production level yet as this is a basic feature for debugging.

Can Freescale provide a working MQX USB_v2 project for CodeWarrior and spare the community the hassle of porting working projects into an IDE that is not yet suitable for real use?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ohad,

Could you please attach a screenshot?

Regards

Sol

0 Kudos
ohadbenjamin
Contributor III

Here is a screenshot showing the task list but no stack trace.Task_list.png

0 Kudos
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ohad,

Using KDS you should be able to check MQX Task List, this is an overview about all tasks created in the MQX RTOS application, for example:

pastedImage_0.png

Stack Usage, this screen displays information about interrupt and task stacks. Typically, a stack overflow is the root cause for vast majority of problems in MQX RTOS user applications.

pastedImage_1.png

Lightweight Memory Pools displays address, size, and type information about each memory block allocated in the selected memory pool by the MQX RTOS system or applications.

pastedImage_5.png

I/O Devices displays name, type and address of I/O Devices used by MQX RTOS application.

pastedImage_6.png

Do you need to use the MQX Performance Tool like the below image? Unfortunately the MQX Performance Tool is available only in the CodeWarrior IDE.

pastedImage_8.png

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
ohadbenjamin
Contributor III

So in other words the one feature I was asking about isn't available in KDS.

How do you expect the KDS users to debug a specific task?

Up until now we used CodeWarrior for our projects.

The only reason we want to use KDS is to get the USB_v2 working on the K66.

KDS isn't in production level yet as this is a basic feature for debugging.

Can Freescale provide a working MQX USB_v2 project for CodeWarrior and spare the community the hassle of porting working projects into an IDE that is not yet suitable for real use?

0 Kudos