cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX MK64FX512VLQ12 SPI-communication problems in release-version

Eymag
Contributor I

Hi! 

I've a network module with a MK64FX512VLQ12 microcontroller that shall read and write data to an external flash-memory and present it on to a webpage. It does so using SPI-communication on channel "spi2:2".

This works perfectly fine while running in debug-mode and I can surf in to the card and see the data as expected. However, as soon as I download the release code and reset the microcontroller the SPI-communication somehow makes the program work improperly and I am not able to even surf on to my webpage.

If I comment out the following piece of code in my SPI-setup function:

m_Device = fopen("spi2:2", NULL);

then the release code also runs and works normally  and I can surf in onto my webpage (without any data-displayed from the memory of course) so there is something happening when trying to establish the SPI-communication.

I do not now how to debug it because when I run with debugger it works fine..

One thing I've done is that in the commented out:

//do not initialize { section .flashx };

Because I got this error: 

Error[Lp005]: placement includes a mix of sections with content (example "initializers for USER_DEFAULT_MEMORY") [suitable for placement in ROM] and sections without content (example "ro data section .flashx in vectors.o(bsp.a) symbols: [__FLASHX_START_ADDR]") [suitable for placement in RAM] C:\Arm\PL-ETH_Arm\LinkA_K64.icf 78 

In the linker file (see attached file).

I do not know the reason for this error either...  Anyone with ideas on what's going on?

All help is appreciated!

Regards,

Elias

0 Kudos
1 Reply

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Elias:

Please refer to below link about debugging work fine but release not working

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPCXpresso-IDE/Debug-work-fine-but-release-not-working/m-p/565569

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos