cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 3.8 + CODE WARRIOR 10.2

Jump to solution
VGS
Contributor III

I am not able to find MQX Tool in Code warrior 10.2 menu bar (Windows 7 OS )

How to enable  MQX Tool in Code warrior 10.2.

I have already followed the procedure of code warrior extensions Readme file(install_cw10.2_plugin.bat) but still not able to view MQX Tool plugin in Code warrior 10.2

Please give stepby step procedure for this

Thanks

V.Gowrishankar

0 Kudos
1 Solution
c0170
Senior Contributor III

hi VGS,

You have to run command line and actual directory must be set to MQX ROOT FOLDER/tools/codewarrior_extensions/CW MCU v10.2 so it recognizes bat file located there.

Run this command : install_cw10.2_plugin.bat "C:\Program Files\Freescale\CW MCU v10.2"

"C:\Program Files\Freescale\CW MCU v10.2" is location of installed CW 10.2 in my case. Replace it with your path. 

Regards,

MartinK

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
rgardner
Contributor I

Hi, I've done everything exactly as described here, and as described in the readme.txt file inside the codewarrior_extensions directory.  Here is the output from running the batch file. 

c:\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.8\tools\codewarrior_extensions\CW MCU v10.2>install
_cw10.2_plugin.bat c:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.2
**** Installing CW10.2 Task Aware Debugging and New Project Wizard Plugins ***
**** It can take up to 60 seconds ***
**** Installing plug-ins for MQX 3.8 ****
The system cannot find the path specified.
**** Installing plug-ins for MQX - all versions ****
The system cannot find the path specified.
**** Installing CW10.2 Processor Expert MQX RTOS Adapter update ****
17 File(s) copied
**** Done ****

It is having trouble finding the path for CW 10.2, but I can assure you that I have it installed at "c:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.2".  I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.  Is it possible it doesn't like the spaces in the path?  I think I saw another post discussing that, but it might only pertain to an older version of CW. 

It did install the CW 10.2 RTOS Adapter Update, but it looks like it put it in a whole other directory "C:\Freescale\CW"...this makes me even more suspicious about the spaces in the path.  Anybody have any insight?

0 Kudos
aguo1223
Contributor III

hello rgardner,

The  question you  have described  I have  faced before.

You must login you PC by administrator  and then reinstall CW 10.2 and MQX 3.8 ; Last, follow the readme.txt file inside the codewarrior_extensions directory.

best wishs

kris

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Your command line was close but missing the " " around the path to the CW install.

It should be:

install_cw10.2_plugin.bat "c:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.2"
Regards,

David

0 Kudos
rgardner
Contributor I

Oops...yeah, that was it.  Knew it was something stupid like that.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hi rgardner,

I checked your output, you have to wrap up the path into quotes "c:\..your path". That's why the output was no path specified. It processed the input only until a first space character : c:\Freescale\CW not c:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.2

Regards,

MartinK

0 Kudos
kkramb
Contributor II

I had to do the following in order to get the MQX new project wizard to appear within the CodeWarrior menu.  The various readme.txt instructions are not clear.

1.  Copy the contents of "[MQX_INSTALL_DIR]\tools\codewarrior_extensions\CW MCU v10.2" into the [CW_INSTALL_DIR].  (I'm not sure whether this step is really necessary.)
  2.  Open a DOS prompt and CD to [CW_INSTALL_DIR].
  3.  Enter the command "install_cw10.2_plugin.bat [CW_INSTALL_DIR]"

If you run the batch file without specifying the command line parameter then it displays a help message explaining that you have to specify the CodeWarrior installation folder on the command line.  This is why you need to run the batch file from an DOS prompt instead of simply opening it from Windows Explorer.

0 Kudos
mvanlamz
Contributor II

Thanks for your comment!

You are right that Step 1 is not necessary.

Here is what I did:

1. Open a DOS prompt and CD to "[MQX_INSTALL_DIR]\tools\codewarrior_extensions\CW MCU v10.2"

2. Enter the command "install_cw10.2_plugin.bat [CW_INSTALL_DIR]"

0 Kudos
VGS
Contributor III

Thanks for reply. We have followed your procedure but still we could not find MQX project wizard in CW 10.2

Do we have to carry out any other special settings?

Please help

V.Gowri shankar

0 Kudos
c0170
Senior Contributor III

hi VGS,

You have to run command line and actual directory must be set to MQX ROOT FOLDER/tools/codewarrior_extensions/CW MCU v10.2 so it recognizes bat file located there.

Run this command : install_cw10.2_plugin.bat "C:\Program Files\Freescale\CW MCU v10.2"

"C:\Program Files\Freescale\CW MCU v10.2" is location of installed CW 10.2 in my case. Replace it with your path. 

Regards,

MartinK

0 Kudos
VGS
Contributor III

Dear Martin,

Great. Thanks. It works. MQX3.8 plugin / MQX3.8 project wizard is seen in CW 10.2 now.

Thanks for all your help.

V.Gowrishankar

0 Kudos