Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 3.7 MFS Issue on MPC-5125?

Jump to solution
Tim562
Senior Contributor I

Hi All,

I'm having a terrible time troubleshooting a problem using MFS on a MPC-5125 / MQX 3.7 project and wonder if anybody might offer any suggestions.

I have a MQX 3.7 project using mfs to mount a drive on the SD card of a TWR-MPC-5125 module. This project works great when compiled to the "Ext Ram Debug" target but won't run at all when programmed into nand flash using the "Ext Nand Download Release" target. If I remove the single call to the _io_mfs_install() function the project works properly (except without SD drive access of course :smileyhappy: compiled for all targets (including the "Ext Nand Download Release" target).

The SD card part of my project is based on the example code provided by MQX 3.7 (with some tweaks to setup GPIO pins to sense card insertion and WR protect signals) and works properly as long as it's run under the debugger.

I've checked for stack overflows in all tasks using _klog_show_stack_usage()  with all stack usage values well below the stack size. Also tried just spec'ing a real large stack for the SD card task with no luck.

Code size in the .code output section (as shown by the *.MAP file) is only 460,340 bytes out of a possible 4,124,416 bytes. Code size with the problem function commented out is 416,276 bytes (44,064 bytes less).

Ram usage in the .bss output section is 11,641,008 bytes (with function) verses 11,641,004 (without) from a possibe 16,777,216 bytes.

Has anybody had a similar problem? Any suggestions for troubleshooting? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Tim

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Tim562
Senior Contributor I

Problem Solved!

After weeks of frustrating tweeking, I installed the MQX 3.8 update and recompiled the project. All now works properly! Also noticed that the Code Warrior stationary seems to work properly now. At this point anyone using 3.7 or older and having problems should really give 3.8 a try.

~Tim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tim562
Senior Contributor I

Problem Solved!

After weeks of frustrating tweeking, I installed the MQX 3.8 update and recompiled the project. All now works properly! Also noticed that the Code Warrior stationary seems to work properly now. At this point anyone using 3.7 or older and having problems should really give 3.8 a try.

~Tim

0 Kudos