Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use Shell_smtp and gmail

Jump to solution
davidrwhite
Contributor I

Hello,

I am confused about how to use Shell_smtp to connect to a gmail account.  How do I find out what gmail server to target?  Is it smtp.gmail.com or gmail.google.com?  I have my shell commands setup like:

const SHELL_COMMAND_STRUCT Shell_commands[] = {

{ "ipconfig",  Shell_ipconfig },     

#if RTCSCFG_ENABLE_ICMP     

{ "ping",      Shell_ping },     

#endif

{ "smtp",    Shell_smtp },

{ "sh",        Shell_sh },

{ "help",      Shell_help },

{ "?",         Shell_command_list },   

{ "exit",      Shell_exit },

{ NULL,        NULL },

};

shell> smtp -h

-f <sender@email.com> -t <recipient@email.com> -s www.mail.server.com [-u Username] [-p Password] -m "text of email message"

-f - Sender email address.

-t - Recipient email address.

-s - Email server that should be used for sending of email.

-u - Username for authentication.

-p - Password for authentication.

-m - Email text.

-h - Display this usage information.

shell>

So is the command something like this?

shell>smtp  -f myAccount@gmail.com -t yourAccount@gmail.com -s gmail.google.com -u myGmailAccountUsername -p myGmailAccountPassword -m "text of email message"

When I try variants of the command above I get the following after some minutes of delay:

SMTPClient - Connection failed. Error: 0x1649

Thanks for any help,

David

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
karelm_
Contributor IV

Hi David,

this is most likely not possible yet. Gmail and vast majority of SMTP servers connected to internet use SSL protocol on top of SMTP (so called SMTPS) on port 465. However RTCS SMTP client does not support this protocol. We plan to add SSL to SMTP client in future MQX/RTCS version but there is no specific deadline.

Best regards,

Karel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BenSuite
Contributor I

Hi, I think everyone has heard of business marketing, so this is very cool service that allows you to buy Gmail account , a very cool site where you can find many different and more important - safe accounts that you can buy with no problem at a very good price

0 Kudos
karelm_
Contributor IV

Hi David,

this is most likely not possible yet. Gmail and vast majority of SMTP servers connected to internet use SSL protocol on top of SMTP (so called SMTPS) on port 465. However RTCS SMTP client does not support this protocol. We plan to add SSL to SMTP client in future MQX/RTCS version but there is no specific deadline.

Best regards,

Karel

0 Kudos
davidrwhite
Contributor I

Karel,

OK and thanks, I guess I need to go down the cyassl route.  Does that make sense to you?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos