Can I use the on board Nand Flash and externed MRAM at same time?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use the on board Nand Flash and externed MRAM at same time?

danielchai
Senior Contributor I

Hi All,

I am use the K60F120 tower board and MQX4.0.2.

With the increasing of my project, the memory on the board becomes not enough.

I have a freescale TWR-MEM board. Without using FFS on the K60F120 Nand flash, I can use the mem_extend command to

extend the memory using the external MRAM.

But now if I try to use the Nand Flash on the K60F120 board, when I use command fsopen, it gives me

assertion failed: logicalIndex < m_entryCount, file page_order_map.cpp, line 177

When I set

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

Please notice that mem_extend function will tell the MQX Kernell that it can use external memory from indicated address if you run out of Internal RAM. This fucntion will not extend Flash.

On the other hand, it is very easy to read and write to/from MRAM and using mem-extend function is not a problem when using MRAM. But NAND Flash is written byte by byte and it is read in blocks. It is not possible to run or debug from NAND Flash. the most common use for NAND Flash memories is to save your application and then it must be copied by a bootloader to RAM. Once the application is located in RAM it is executed.

Hope this helps,

Carlos

0 Kudos

danielchai
Senior Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

Thank you first.

I only want to use the SRAM to extend my memory. For NAND Flash, I only want to use it as a storage to store all my sensors' reading.

I want to use FFS on the NAND Flash to create files to store my data.

Is it possible?

Thank you.

-Daniel

0 Kudos