cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP cloning wizard fails when MQX install path contains a dash character

Jump to solution
keno
Contributor II

There is a problem with the BSP Cloning Wizard when the MQX install path contains a "-" (dash) character.

In the image below the actual installation path of MQX is "c:\dev-tools\freescale\mqx_4_1", however the Cloning Wizard incorrectly parses the path to "C:\dev-".  I copied MQX to a different folder name and the Cloning Wizard operates normally.

mqx_path.png

bsp_clone_path_problem.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Note: In fact problem wasn't with dash character in MQX installation path, but with word "tools" (BSP Cloning Wizard is located in "../MQX_4_x/tools/" directory) and this caused problem in wrong parsing of the MQX location. It was fixed (change will be applied from MQX 4.1.2).

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,

RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
matthewkendall
Contributor V

I know from bitter experience that there is also a problem if the chosen "custom board name" contains a dash. This is because that name is used in many places, including in generated code, and dash is not valid in a C identifier. The cloning wizard doesn't warn about this and generates code that won't compile.

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Note: Thank you for notification. It was fixed – it will not possible create board name with dash character (change will be applied from MQX 4.1.2).

0 Kudos
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for your bug report.

I will report it.

Just for sure, did you install “MQX 4.1.1 Cloning Wizard Patch”?

Freescale MQX™ Software Solutions|Freescale

Have a great day,
RadekS

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
keno
Contributor II

I'm presently using MQX 4.1 and have not applied the “MQX 4.1.1 Cloning Wizard Patch”.

I'm using a custom BSP and it seems migrating to a newer version of MQX is not a trivial task.  I'm in the process of reviewing release notes and the MQX forum to gain a better understanding of how to migrate.

0 Kudos
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Note: In fact problem wasn't with dash character in MQX installation path, but with word "tools" (BSP Cloning Wizard is located in "../MQX_4_x/tools/" directory) and this caused problem in wrong parsing of the MQX location. It was fixed (change will be applied from MQX 4.1.2).

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,

RadekS

0 Kudos
keno
Contributor II

RadekS Thanks for the prompt feedback.  Much appreciated.

0 Kudos