About SJA1105 Supporting 1G and 100m Auto-Negotiation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About SJA1105 Supporting 1G and 100m Auto-Negotiation

qingfengzhuo
Contributor I

Hardware Information: SJA1105 is connected to Gigabit PHY via RGMII.

I. Connection to Gigabit Router and Ping Test:

When SJA1105_port1 is connected to the Gigabit router, using the ethtool tool to check SJA1105_port1, the key information is as follows:

Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Speed: 1000Mb/s
Duplex: Full
Auto-negotiation: On
After correctly setting the IP address in the same subnet as the Gigabit router, the Gigabit router can be pinged successfully.

II. Connection to 100M Router:

Explanation:

When SJA1105_port1 is connected to the Fast Ethernet router, using the ethtool tool to check SJA1105_port1, the key information is as follows:

Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Speed: 100Mb/s
Duplex: Full
Auto-negotiation: On
After correctly setting the IP address in the same subnet as the Fast Ethernet router, it is not possible to ping the Fast Ethernet router.

According to Section 6.1.11 RGMII Mode 100 Mbps in "AH1704.pdf," registers in Table 28 and Table 29 are checked and found to be normal.

III. Problem Identification:

After modifying the cfg_applicationBoard.py configuration and regenerating the firmware for SJA1105, flashing it onto SJA1105, it becomes possible to ping the Fast Ethernet router.
Before modification:
speed = [SPEED_1GBPS, SPEED_1GBPS, SPEED_1GBPS, SPEED_100MBPS, SPEED_100MBPS]
After modification:
speed = [SPEED_1GBPS, SPEED_100MBPS, SPEED_1GBPS, SPEED_100MBPS, SPEED_100MBPS]

Do we have to modify the cfg_applicationBoard.py configuration? Why doesn't the automatic negotiation to 100M work for SJA1105? Are there any other operations required? Please provide technical support to resolve this issue. Many thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

qingfengzhuo
Contributor I

Hello. Official technical support, did I express myself clearly? Can you guide me where to find it?

0 Kudos