Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

__start.c for mpc5553 not working properly

mohammedzakari1
Contributor I

Hi,

wondering if someone can help on this issue please;

I have a start.c file, it works fine for my one piece for project code. I took this stable code and integrated couple of file into the project. Curious thing is I have not touched the start.c or linker file or any other settings but my code getting failed in start.c file. 

please see below function snippet for reference, function fails "__copy_rom_section" and "__init_bss_section".

pastedImage_1.png

thanks,

Mohammed

0 Kudos
3 Replies

mohammedzakari1
Contributor I

Thank you Lukas for your input.

I can not share the whole code, hope you understand the company policies.

Is there anyway we can have a working WebEx meeting or suggest suitable options from your side, Appreciated.

I did one more experiment, just to see whats making this code to go wrong way.

I generated disassemble file for _start.c, I generated for baseline code and after adding my stack again generated disassembly for the _start.c, I see huge difference between both the file. Wondering if I have not touched anything for the _start.c file ...why its being changed.

Thanks,

Mohammed  

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

sorry, got stuck with a lot of questions...

Could you send me the disassembled start files, at least? There are just a few #if directives, I would not expect a lot of changes.

And what is failing exactly? Is an exception triggered? Which one? Which instruction caused it?

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

this is a proven piece of code. The root cause is somewhere else. Can you share your project?

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos