cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eTPU PWM input sampling target on MPC5746R

qijiang
Contributor I

Hi, NXP talents

Please help on issue found on eTPU PWM input sampling target on MPC5746R.

Below is the details:

This is an VCU product.

Actually we have loaded cyclic task scheduling and several interrupts (exp. CAN receiver, LIN, PIT timer) running on MPC5746R. beside that, we have configured eTPU as PWM input capture operation mode.

we assign two eTPU channel to sample the outside two PWM (250Hz, duty cycle changed with 1% accuracy) signals. while we can make sure the configuration of both eTPU channel is the same.  however, we randomly get a strange issue found on one channel that counter overflow (PWM duty cycle jump to 100% ) occurs, while the other channel operate normal capture behavior. (Please refer to the attachment pic). 

This is quite strange when we have applied functional safety related code inside, cause if we remove that, both two channel eTPU capture operate find.

Actually we have deployed several functional safety related code, RAM fault, RAP(RAM Access Protection), Flash fault, Core0 & Core1 challenge & Response, enable Core2 (Lock step), core1 & core0 stack monitor.

I have spent two weeks to debug this issue. right now I have made a progress when I disable Core0 & Core2 initialization section (MC_ME module entry block) and disable Core1 ->Core0 challenge & Response inter-check. Then I found the channel overflow issue almostly dissappeared. but still can capture one if monitor long time.

Here I need NXP talents' help, and explain how to find the way to debug.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

terrypeterson-b
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Qi Jiang,

Doe have any eTPU code for monitoring PWM frequency and duty cycle that you could share with me?

I am working on a new project where I have to monitor multiple PWM signals.

Thank you,

Terry Peterson

0 Kudos