Where is the CAN1 port on Devkit MPC5744P borad ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the CAN1 port on Devkit MPC5744P borad ?

Jump to solution
ChenBowen
Contributor II

I need to test the Flexcan1 communication on Devkit MPC5744P board, but I can only find the CAN0 port. Could you please tell me where the CAN1 port is ?  I can't find it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Ok, it's not so easy on older rev B. The CAN signals are connected directly to CAN transceiver MC33901. To use the transceiver for CAN1, it would be necessary to do some soldering - remove resistors R37 and R39, solder some wires to these pads and connect them to PA14/15. Another option is to use external transceiver connected by wires. Or order new version of the board where it is much easier.

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ChenBowen 

by default, only CAN0 is connected to CAN transceiver (in-built in SBC FS65). If you want to use CAN1 instead of CAN0, you can disconnect jumpers from J174 and use wires to connect signals SBC_CAN_TXD and SBC_CAN_RXD to MCU pins PA14 and PA15 on J5.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
ChenBowen
Contributor II

I am using the RevB board. I can only find the J174 in PDF of RevE QSG, can I reference the RevE PDF to cope with this issue? By the way, I don't know where the signal SBC_CAN_TXD and SBC_CAN_RXD are.   

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Ok, it's not so easy on older rev B. The CAN signals are connected directly to CAN transceiver MC33901. To use the transceiver for CAN1, it would be necessary to do some soldering - remove resistors R37 and R39, solder some wires to these pads and connect them to PA14/15. Another option is to use external transceiver connected by wires. Or order new version of the board where it is much easier.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos