Where do I find the CW project from the Lab Tutorials for TRK-USB-MPC5604B?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find the CW project from the Lab Tutorials for TRK-USB-MPC5604B?

Jump to solution
michaeldickscha
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm new to the Freescale MPC5604B development and I got myself a TRK-USB-MPC5604B StarterTRAK USB Development System for some basic tests. I found the Lab Tutorials for TRK-USB-MPC5604B document (TRK-USB-MPC5604B_LAB.pdf) which discusses 2 very interesting demos: "Demo 1: An Interactive MPC5604B Shell" and "Demo 2: The Temperature Sensor".

This lab guide includes some of the details of the implementation with a couple code-snippets and even references some code-file names like "main.c", "action.c", "ports.c" and "ports.h" but I can't find the whole Codewarrior project anywhere.

I look in the product download section where I found the lab guide PDF file, I looked in the installed Codewarrior (version 2.10) examples and I searched this community site, but I couldn't find anything.

Can anybody point me to the download of this sample project for the 2 Lab demos ?

Thank you very much!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
michaeldickscha
Contributor II

Hello,

Meanwhile I did get a working "Hello World" example UART project from support - Thank you!

Also, I found my key error in getting the "Qorivva: Blink LED" tutorial for the bigger "MPC5604B TRAK USB Development System" running on my smaller StartTRAK board: the original project files appear to use an older initialization framework ---> the solution was to create a new empty project with CW for the MPC5604B StarTRAK board and to copy the "main.c" file from the original example, but updating the code to use the current master include file "MPC5604B_M27V.h" and to disable the parts for the hardware not present on the small StartTRAK board like switches 3 + 4.

However, it's still a little bit sad that the original project files for the lab guide appear to be lost - the description in the guide let me believe that myself and a number of other starters in the MPC560x world could have benefited quite a bit from the code examples.

Regards,

Michael Dickschat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
michaeldickscha
Contributor II

Hello,

Meanwhile I did get a working "Hello World" example UART project from support - Thank you!

Also, I found my key error in getting the "Qorivva: Blink LED" tutorial for the bigger "MPC5604B TRAK USB Development System" running on my smaller StartTRAK board: the original project files appear to use an older initialization framework ---> the solution was to create a new empty project with CW for the MPC5604B StarTRAK board and to copy the "main.c" file from the original example, but updating the code to use the current master include file "MPC5604B_M27V.h" and to disable the parts for the hardware not present on the small StartTRAK board like switches 3 + 4.

However, it's still a little bit sad that the original project files for the lab guide appear to be lost - the description in the guide let me believe that myself and a number of other starters in the MPC560x world could have benefited quite a bit from the code examples.

Regards,

Michael Dickschat

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have not found the two demo projects yet.

However, you can refer to AN2865.

The AN2865 Cookbook gives you almost all you need for starting a work on MPC5604B. Not all peripherals are handled, but almost all.

You can find AN2865 and the demo examples from:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MPC560xB&fpsp=1&tab=Documentation_Tab

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
michaeldickscha
Contributor II

Hello,

>However, you can refer to AN2865.

>The AN2865 Cookbook gives you almost all you need for starting a work on MPC5604B. Not all peripherals are handled, but almost all.

>...

Thank you for this link ... I already came across this cookbook and I did take a look at the examples for the MPC5604B. However, these examples appear to be for very specific topics like accessing the flash or special communication protocols.

I'm stuck earlier: I did get the "Qorivva: Blink LED" tutorial for the bigger "MPC5604B StarterTRAK USB Development System" running by disabling all code except the "LED();" call inside the main loop (as suggested in the tutorial "DOC-1022")

Next I would like to continue by enabling the code for the simple command through the USB serial emulation. But neither the code from that Blink LED tutorial or the similar full example project from the TRK-USB-MPC5602P (thermometer demo project) did work for my TRK-USB-MPC5604B board. It appears to me that the USB serial initialization is not correct for my specific board/processor, but I'm not sure.

That's why it would be just perfect to have the full "known to run" project form this nice Lab Tutorial document as the starting point for my own experiments.

Thank you again for your help !!

Regards,

Michael Dickschat

0 Kudos