Standalone Installation of gcc-4.9.4-Ee200-eabivle

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone Installation of gcc-4.9.4-Ee200-eabivle

David_Swain
Contributor I

I have downloaded the gcc-4.9.4-Ee200-eabivle-x86_64-linux-g2724867.zip package from the NXP website and extracted it into the /usr directory on my linux system (OpenSuse Leap 15.4). Although I can call the compiler successfully /bin/powerpc-eabivle-gcc the compiler will not accept the relevant settings for the MPC5746R MCU, which as far as I can tell are "-mvle -mcu=e200z4" despite the release notes stating that the e200z4 core is supported. I see the e200z4 libraries in the /lib directory so I am baffled as to why this does not work. I suspect I have not installed the compiler correctly but without installation notes it is difficult to guess what I have done wrong. So what have I done wrong (1) have I installed the compiler correctly by just extracting the zip file; (2) why doesn't the compiler accept the relevant command line call when it obviously should?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David, 

the copying content of .zip archive should be okay. You need to set path to executables and make sure, that you are using right path for include and libraries. Here is default set of gcc arguments (I'm using default NXP startup which requires some macros)  for MPC5746R:

-DSTART_FROM_FLASH -DTURN_ON_CPU1 -DMPC574xR -I"~/MPC5746R_test_project_Z4_1/include" -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -fstrict-volatile-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mcpu=e200z4 -specs=nosys.spec -mbig -mvle -mregnames -mhard-float --sysroot="~/dev/powerpc-eabivle-4_9/powerpc-eabivle/newlib"

0 Kudos

David_Swain
Contributor I

Thanks for the clarification. I have now put the compiler in the PATH and it now work with the ECLIPSE build I am using and accepts both the -mvle and the -mcpu=e200z4 command line directives. The code that is produced now actually looks like VLE code.

Cheers

David

0 Kudos