cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32R294 gPTP function

dong06
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using the chip S32R294, and currently I have the demand to achieve high-precision time synchronization. Do you have the gPTP demo code and reference documents about this chip?

0 Kudos
9 Replies

GaryRK
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dong,

S23R294 Ethernet MAC (ENET) has support for IEEE1588 v2 (PTP) hardware timestamping. The software enablement for Ethernet is provided in the S32 SDK, comprising the ENET module/IP driver and compatible lwIP stack middleware. 

PTP is an application level concern and is customer responsibility to implement their choice of PTP software on top of the NXP hardware and software enablement. NXP do not provide an implementation of PTP for S32R294, however the ENET hardware and software enablement is designed to support such applications by giving access to IEEE1588 supportive functions.

Do you have a PTP implementation you would like to port to S32R294? Or are you at the early stage of discovery and still considering this? There are several open source PTP implementations available that could be ported to run on S32R94 (with S32 SDK).

Best regards,

Gary

0 Kudos

dong06
Contributor I

Hello Gary,

Yes, I need to implement a PTP function, and I want to find a more suitable method to do this at present. In addition, my software is not developed based on SDK. For the above situation, is there any PTP software?

0 Kudos

GaryRK
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello dong,

Without knowledge of your software it is difficult to recommend a suitable PTP implementation. Regardless there is no PTP software solution for S32R294 that is released by NXP so assuming you are using a network stack that offers POSIX sockets interface then you could consider PTPd which is an open source PTP implementation for embedded systems.

https://github.com/ptpd/ptpd

0 Kudos

xiongjiacheng
Contributor I

We have also encountered similar problems.

We have purchased an evaluation board with S32E278 as the main control chip and are currently verifying whether the chip supports gptp functionality. The RTD version is SW32ZE-RTD_4.7_1.0.0-P03,There are currently two issues:
1. The synchronization algorithm is implemented as part of the EthSwt_MgmtInit function, as stated in the RTD_ETHSWT43_NETC_UM.pdf document. But I see in the code that the function is set to an empty box. So has the algorithm related to time synchronization been implemented in this section, and where was it implemented?

xiongjiacheng_1-1715328382214.png

xiongjiacheng_0-1715328328037.png

2. We need to manually specify the device as the master or slave. How is this part implemented in RTD? I have checked the relevant registers of NETC and there are no fields that support this setting.

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

As S32E is supported by regional FAEs please submit a ticket at NXP.com so we can direct it to the responsible person.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

xiongjiacheng
Contributor I

Thank you, I have submit a ticket at NXP.com

0 Kudos

dong06
Contributor I

Hello Gary,

Ok, I'll try it. Thanks!

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Let me ask and I will come back to you ASAP.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

dong06
Contributor I

OK, thanks

0 Kudos