MPC5777c SDADC offset and gain calibrations

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5777c SDADC offset and gain calibrations

tapur
Contributor II

Hello, If I explain in detail: After making SDADC offset and gain calibrations, I want to softwarely check whether the SDADC is calibrating correctly. To give an example, another part of the code uses EQADC. After calibrating in EQADC according to the reference manual, this is how I understand whether the calibration was done correctly. VREF75 and VREF25 is measured by using EQADC. Calibration is correct if the difference between the measured value and the ideal value is less than or equal to the TUE value (8).

Likewise, after making the offset and gain calibrations in SDADC, how do I know if the calibrations are done correctly?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Reply

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

But even with eQADC module you cannot check SW way whether measured value is within TUE specification, you must covert externally attached voltage with known voltage and calculate TUE manually.

SDADC specification do not tell you TUE value as this module SDADC is not specified for absolute accuracy but intended for frequency-domain digital signal processing type applications where the dynamic specifications we do have in the datasheet are typically sufficient.

During debugging and testing you may test your SDADC calibration by converting of external known value, in application there is presumed that ADC calibration works properly.

0 Kudos