MPC5748G wont run without s32ds debugging.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5748G wont run without s32ds debugging.

liam_battershel
Contributor I

Hi Everyone,

as the title says...MPC5748G wont run without s32ds debugging. If I connect the debugger and click the debug button I can see that the software is running and I can go through the break points. Once the oscillator setup is done the power consumption of the board goes up to .18 amps. If I then power cycle the board with or without the debugger connected it doesn't start up(power remains very low). I read that one fix could be to remove the main breakpoint from the start-up options in the debug configuration. But this doesn't solve the problem either. I was having some issues before with flashing so I used the PENexus software to erase the micro and I wasn't sure which programming algorithm to use so did an erase with every one there (NXP_MPC5748G_1x32x4k_BAF,NXP_MPC5748G_1x32x4k_UTest,NXP_MPC5748G_1x32x8k_HSMData,NXP_MPC5748G_1x32x32k_HSMCode,NXP_MPC5748G_1x32x1520k_CFlash)

after this I was able to program again but then I noticed I was having this issue of the board not running except with the debugger. 

I also seem to get a reset escalation each time I try to connect in nexus or s32ds.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Liam B

0 Kudos
2 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Nice to hear that.

New silicons has already BAF section locked against erase / program.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

liam_battershel
Contributor I

Its OK i found the sollution here...

https://community.nxp.com/t5/MPC5xxx/Is-it-possible-to-erase-BAF-in-MPC5748G-device/m-p/582641?comme...

i just needed to reflash the BAF flash section

0 Kudos