Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5744P Clock DeInit Process

WeoWang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dear Colleagues,

Now I have a problem, my customer wants to jump from application code to bootloader code, this is how he did it,

WeoWang_0-1714966381010.png

But it seemed not to work.

Then we suggested the customer to disable the clock of the peripherals which were enabled,

WeoWang_1-1714967143613.png

After disabling the peripheral clock, it was OK to jump from the app to the bootloader. Then the customer tried to jump from bootloader to app, by setting a flag, the customer could know that it was successful, but then it was found that the MCU was stuck in the initialization of the clock. To my understanding, only setting MDIS bit to 1 may not be enough to deInit the clock, are there any other solutions?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Not sure if you also changing the device mode entry modes like  DRUN, RUNx, etc...

Usually you disable clocks on peripherals. If the peripherals are still using the clock then mode transition will fail.

Then the customer tried to jump from bootloader to app, by setting a flag, the customer could know that it was successful

I expect that code jumps from bootloader to app, but then application get stuck in mode transition. Most probably because clock used by peripherals in bootloader are still active.

You can see if the peripheral is still clocked in Peripheral Status Register x (MC_ME_PSx).

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos