MPC5604P DATA FLASH Read

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5604P DATA FLASH Read

kabusiji
Contributor I

I am using MPC5604P in Debug mode. During the Data Flash reading test, I found that when reading the first address (0x804000), the data reading was normal. However, when reading the second address (0x808000), I entered IVOR 2 interrupt, and the memory window displayed the data starting from address 0x808000 as' XX '. What is the reason for this? I look forward to your reply.

flashtest.PNGflashint.PNG

0 Kudos
7 Replies

kabusiji
Contributor I

Through testing, I found that the cause of the problem is caused by the power failure during the erasing process, and this problem will not occur when the power is on, and we need to store the data in the Flash on demand in our project, so the power failure is uncontrollable, is there a good way to deal with this problem

0 Kudos

kabusiji
Contributor I

Hello,

Through testing, I found that the cause of the problem is caused by the power failure during the erasing process, and this problem will not occur when the power is on, and we need to store the data in the Flash on demand in our project, so the power failure is uncontrollable, is there a good way to deal with this problem

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I assume that is uninitialized memory full of ECC faults. Could you try erase the whole micro?

0xFF means erased memory, XX - I expect is multibit ECC fault read by debugger, or reserved memory area.

Looking at memory map, there is data flash 0:

petervlna_0-1718694387498.png

Best regards,
Peter

0 Kudos

kabusiji
Contributor I
Hello,
I can erase the whole micro, The driver package I use is C90LC Data Flash.I tested in normal mode, the chip stopped, and then I tested in debug mode and found that the cause of the problem was here.It doesn't happen every time,Please let me know what I should do to fix this, thanks.
0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hard to say from your issue description.

Does erased micro trigger IVOR2 also? I do not expect. So I suspect the issue in your SW.

Please try some of our reference examples:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/MPC5xxx-Knowledge-Base/MPC5-software-example-list/ta-p/1102445#MPC5604P

If you erase the micro can you read the data correctly from memory via debugger? is there 0xFF?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

kabusiji
Contributor I
0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Through testing, I found that the cause of the problem is caused by the power failure during the erasing process

Well, to have a stable and strong enough power source is essential for the device correct operation. In case you create ECC errors due to the power failure during the flash write operation (erase for example) the erase of the flash is necessary to recover it to normal state.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos