Is there a way to configure all MPC5604P through just one jtag?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Is there a way to configure all MPC5604P through just one jtag?

608 次查看
Windage
Contributor I

I am trying to use an FPGA to connect multiple MPC5604P to act as flexray nodes, but my PCB board size is not enough to accommodate all the components. Is there a way to configure all MPC5604P through just one jtag?

I didn't find any information about daisy chaining or other connection methods in the user manual .Does the MPC5604P support such configuration? Thank you so much.

0 项奖励
回复
4 回复数

600 次查看
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Windage 

the JTAG controller on MPC5604P is IEEE 1149.1 compliant, so there's no problem with daisy chain. This is rather about your tools. For example, CodeWarrior or S32 Design Studio IDE with Pemicro debug probe does not support daisy chain... So, it depends what you have. Please check this with manufacturer of your tools.

Regards,

Lukas

517 次查看
Windage
Contributor I
thank you for your reply!
Are there tools that can support both MPC5604P and daisy chain?
The tool I use now is codewarrior,If I change tools, can the jtag downloader I used before adapt to it?
0 项奖励
回复

499 次查看
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I'm sure that advanced debuggers like from https://www.lauterbach.com/ will support this.

Not sure about others who provide IDE + debug probes like Windriver or Greenhills, I din't find it on the web. The best option is to ask then for help directly.

Regards,

Lukas

0 项奖励
回复

557 次查看
Windage
Contributor I
thank you for your reply!
Are there development tools that can support both MPC5604P and daisy chain?
The tool I use now is codewarrior,If I change development tools, can the jtag downloader I used before adapt to it?
0 项奖励
回复